Did You Feel That Jehovah Loved You?

by minimus 38 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

or did you feel abandoned?

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I always felt that I was seriously displeasing him and that's why everything was constantly going to shit. JWs often reinforced that by saying that I "must be doing something to grieve Jehovah's spirit" or I wouldn't be having so many problems.

Using their logic, he must like me now that I'm "out" because things are going so much better.

W

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I was born in and I never felt that jehovah was there or even real

• leftbelow
    leftbelow

Even when I did everything by the book (no R rated moves ect....) and averaged over 30 hours a month in the ministry while conducting a book study and giving regular PT's ect.......... I never once felt he loved me. And I guess that is my fault also....

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

No, as a jw, I never felt that Jehovah loved me. I was mentally and/or physically abused the whole time I was in (6 and a half years), and it didn't stop despite incessant prayer.

• aSphereisnotaCircle
  • minimus
    minimus

Very interesting replies.....I never could fully grasp how anyone could "love" someone they've never been introduced to. I used to "hope" God was there listening to my prayers and maybe he'd grace me with his approval.

• New light for you
    New light for you

I think i equated his "love" with the "love" of the congreagation. When everything is going well, you feel like you're doing your best, what a great feeling. there is some feeling of love, happiness, jsut for a moment. then someone comes along and says "well if you can do this much, why aren't you doing XYZ??" and makes the feeling go to sh&t.

• Lady Zombie
    Lady Zombie

No. I figured I was doing something wrong because no matter what I did, I never felt his love or presence.

Then I found out he wasn't real and that explained everything.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I never felt good enough to be loved by Jehovah

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit