Did You Feel That Jehovah Loved You?

by minimus 38 Replies latest jw friends

• Thechickennest
    Thechickennest

Before I became a JW I always felt that my relationship with God was good.........I prayed a lot, I felt good and that God loved me and everyone.

Then I got tied up with the WT when I was 18. My relationship with God became more complex and elusive. until I was not praying anymore at all. I was taught that God only loves a select few and with many stipulations.

Only after I severed my ties with the crazy religion have I felt again, my relationship with the supreme being is good again.

Yeah, once again, I know that God loves me and everyone. No thanks to Jehovah's Witnesses.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I always felt He was (and always has been) at war against me. It's just that now I don't have to reward Him for ruining my life.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

On rare occasion, maybe.

He was probably faking it.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Never did really get to this "relationship with Jehovah" thing....I loved the concept of a better world and believed in it, but the idea that the God of the Universe really loved little me...seemed very presumptuous....I mean, why would he?

• Preston
    Preston

I felt like Jehovah loved me... like Michael Jackson loved his kids

His love was more of the kind that delusional girlfriends have when they need abundant reinforcement that you love them. It's like a potential lover saying that if you loved them you would carve their name in your arm while they were doing the school's football team.

- Preston

• oompa
    oompa

hell no....was not allowed to feel anything........dammit........oompa

• CandleLight
    CandleLight

There were times in my life that I felt unworthy of his love, and felt abandoned. Those times were very overwhelming because of the terrible things that were happening to me at the time, and how very very alone I felt. I thought that if he really loved me, he would not allow these things to happen, and would answer my prayers for it to stop. Because they did not stop for years, I did not feel he loved me. I continued to pray, but did not have confidence that he was hearing me at all.

I did not understand my God at the time, but later in life, he helped me, not only heal from what happened but to see things through his eyes, but most importantly to see his love for me. By understanding that he loves us, we can in turn give our love back to him, and to others. What an amazing gift he gives to us... loving us first.

That is my prayer, for all those who feel abandoned by our Father, that they feel and understand his love for them personally. That they know that they can trust him, and if we seek him, he will come close to us too.

love CL

• GetOverIt
    GetOverIt

Yes, most definitely and still do down to this day. If you get (or got) caught up in expecting the congregation to be this warm, loving and inviting group of people, as all the KM's said they would be, you will surely be disillusioned, as I was. However, Jehovah's love for me was ever present. Even when I didn't think he was there, he always was. Which really shocked me when I stopped associating. I still felt his love and presence. The more I sought him out and studied the Bible, the brigher HIS light (not the organizations) light would shine. He still loves me. It has nothing to do with being affiliated with the JW organization. God's chruch is his people. We are the members of the body of christ, praise God.

• GetOverIt
    GetOverIt

Question for all those who feel/felt like God was not there for them or didn't love them. Is it because you're equating God with the JW organization? Just wondering. Thanks.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit