UPDATE : We Have 3 Choices

by passwordprotected 38 Replies latest members private

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

If you don't have much family in and you think they will still associate with you; you may feel more freedom if you did get da'd or df'd. With your friends, you will be marked as bad association even if you just do a fade. I wouldn't count on any of friends being there for you.

I felt so much freedom and stress lifted from me when I got df'd. I was able to move on with my life and celebrate holidays & birthdays and basically do anything I wanted! The only prob I've had is that ALL my family is JW's except for one sister. That part has been hard; but over time you just learn to deal with it. Thankfully my husband now is not & has never been a JW nor has any of his family.

Keep us posted on what happens on Saturday!!

• Gregor
    Gregor

Imagine you work for an employer whom you no longer respect, doing work you feel is crooked and immoral. Which decision will make you feel good about yourself in years to come:

1. Get fired. They take the initiative. Your the bad guy.

2. Show up for worklate, be absent a lot and get demoted for poor performance. You are the bad guy.

3. Quit and let them know why. They are the bad guy

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

or just turn your back on the whole mess and walk away. Go find a new life. Make some friends. Get some hobbies. If you were baptist and felt like not going anymore, you wouldn't feel you had to make those choices. You would just quit going. If you ran into someone from the church and they asked why you weren't at church, whatever your answer was, you wouldn't be shunned and vilified. So just walk away. Don't waste another minute on the religion. And if your family shuns you or loses respect for you, that's their problem. You just keep on rocking and having a real life.

• sacolton
    sacolton

Even better ... read your letter of disassociation in front of the congregation. It's been done before!

• changeling
    changeling

I'm a fader since I have loved ones still in, and it has worked well, even facilitating my son becoming free of the WT. But the decision is too personal to let someone else make it for you. Weigh the pros and cons for your situation and do what's best for you.

All the best,

changeling :)

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

The 3 choices are hard to decide... but the end result of either is that your JW friends and family won't have much in common with you...

Can't help with the 3 points... although DA was the way for me to go and no regrets...

This advice I do have: Make new friends ASAP. You'll need them!

A@G

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

FADE FADE FADE.

BE happy; if you do go to the hall ever and people look at you sadly and ask how you are say GREAT!!.

Confound them, make them jealous.

You have been trained to stand up for yourself if you feel something is wrong, like what you are finding out about the WT; suppress that urge.

Take it easy; don't tell ANYONE your doubts, they are your own business.

These people will NOT let you leave gracefully; if you fade at least you can make a few family reunions.

my 2 cents.

P

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Like wings already suggested, I'm in "take my time" mode. Armageddon isn't just around the corner, so what's the rush? Nobody can read my mind. Hojovah isn't gonna strike me dead like Ananias and Sapphira. The bOrg has screwed with me, time for me to screw with them. This whole "double life(tm)" thing isn't so bad. There are crazy times, but there'd be crazy times whichever course I chose. I ain't staying in forever, but in the meantime, I fake my time in FS and spend about 5 minutes preparing for a 20 minute part. Keep peace with the family, make life easy for the faders, build my financial independence before I leave.

But hey, that's the course I've chosen. You now have the privilege of thinking for yourselves. I've found it to be an entirely new experience. You'll get plenty of other possible scenarios and options laid out for you here. JWD has helped me, and whatever you chose to do, you'll find help and support here too.

B the X

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

Keep going to the hall for awhile. Bring a King James bible. Take the Sports Illustrated magazine and read an article from THAT during the Watchtower study. Dont wear a tie. Wear Nike shoes. Grow a beard. Your wife can wear slacks to the hall. Hey yer gonna be talked about anyway...might as well make it interesting.

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw
    There is a 4th choice..Just walk away and don`t go back.......It worked for me...................

Worked for me too! No drama

nj

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit