So it happened...I met with my Mom and Dad...

by Confession 36 Replies latest jw experiences

• penny2
    penny2

That is such a good outcome, Confession. Thanks for sharing it with us. I feel the same about my parents - they are happy in their JW world so that's OK.

• Perry
    Perry

"But, the truth is, Dad is 75 and Mom 74. I see no reason to try to bring their world down--even if I could. And, the fact is, if they're okay with talking to me while adopting a "don't ask, don't tell" policy, I'm okay with it too." >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Unless of course, Jesus really did take your parents place on that cross for their sins and not just Adam's and the virtually non-existent 144,000, like the WT teaches.

• ataloa
    ataloa

I'm so glad it went well for you, confession. I read your beautiful letter. It was excellently put together.

• Carlos_Helms
    Carlos_Helms

Nice job. It's really about love. Despite the fact that most of us are "ruint" on that count, we're still responsible to do the best we can, especially with family. Statistically, we take care of our folks longer than they took care of us. It's best to be a part of their lives in whatever way they will allow. You done good. Carlos

• jgnat
    jgnat
    No madness, no reason for war.

Bring_the_Light, that is so very well put. I agree with your decision, Confession. But the work you did is not put to waste. For one thing, you have clarified your own reasons. It helped you. I firmly believe you will have opportunities to share snippets if you are ever confronted.

And as others have mentioned, your work will help those who are fighting the madness in their families.

I'm so glad your visit went so well.

• jgnat
    jgnat

P.S. That "light bickering" sounds just like me and hubby....

• TheListener
    TheListener

It sounds great Confession. I'm glad it went "normal".

I'm in a similar situation with relatives - I'll be using you as an example of courage.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

It went well! In there 70's you did the right thing...let it go, sounds like they missed you and you had some "qulity time" don't stress them...I find this works better for me.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    And, the fact is, if they're okay with talking to me while adopting a "don't ask, don't tell" policy, I'm okay with it too.

I read your long letter. I support your decision to let sleeping thoughts lie. One letter, no matter
    how well written, is not likely to wake them up. Having a relationship with you will probably do
    more to help them than that letter. Even if they never come out, they know you as their child
    and not as an evil apostate. Help them connect to the grandchild also. Try to forgive them for
    their ignorance and blame WTS, the evil mind-control cult, instead of them.

• milligal
    milligal

Another Michigander. Lots on this forum and Midland no less...well I'm happy for you, I know this gig and the peaceful 'ish' outcome is great. I know the feeling of never truly being able to open up and have a relationship w/your parents and mine are aging too. It's a bitter sweet pill to swallow. Good luck

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit