Women being in subjection...a sore subject

by milligal 41 Replies latest jw friends

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I used to think that's the way it should be. But my first husband was a selfish jerk, so all that did was make is so he got away with whatever he wanted to do. I'm not normally very assertive, so it was easy for me to get my needs trampled on, and I thought that I should be submissive. I was so niave. I finally ended up with a career in a company that was mostly all women. I had a female manager, senior manager and director. My work was judged on it's merits, not my sex and I was paid the same as any one else (and no one was trying to grab my a**). It was a revelation. I was more and more uncomfortable with the JW organization where I was a virtual non-entity. Seeing the brothers trying to direct a meeting for service and wasting time and being idiots, it was hard not to realize I could do a better job. It was part of what pushed me out. I'm now married to a great guy. Not a wimp, but not a jerk. He respects me and would never try to tell me what to do. It is a marriage of equals. He is better at finances and planning so does most of that. I'm better at other things and he knows that. I had never met a man before who totally believed in women being equals. I would never go back to being a second class citizen.

• saywhat?
    saywhat?

The Bible says the head of every woman is the man. What's so hard to understand about that? Like Tammy Wynette said (sang), "stand by your man."

• wings
    wings

Believing in this got me into more trouble than anything in my life!!! I call BS! and it started me doubting in the existence of God much less the Bible.

Sore subject....I guess!!! When a smart woman plays idiot for her....WHOLE ADULT LIFE....it a hard thing to get over.

Sorry for the rant......

wings

• beksbks
    beksbks

saywhat?

The Bible says the head of every woman is the man

I'm sorry, but are you being humerous??

• Carlos_Helms
    Carlos_Helms

LOL...don't judge an arrangement by the idiots who are in it. Both dad and mom are supposed to raise the kiddies - and the kiddies become...well, you know, moms and dads. The apple don't fall far from the tree.

If you do a quick study (nothing deep, mind you) of a true "servant arrangement" (diakonos, and all that); you may come to think differently (although it's doubtful because, generally, those who SO despise 'subjection' really just want to be a boss themselves).

Carlos

• saywhat?
    saywhat?

Sorry! Yes, I'm just having a little fun!

• saywhat?
    saywhat?

NO ONE is better than anyone else and I apologize for my comment.

• chrisjoel
    chrisjoel

Exactly..the Bible says The husband is the head of his wife....that is what God wants. This is Gods instructions to his ppl thru his word the Bible. The quicker you understand this the quicker you will be able to increase your faith in Jesus. If this isnt what Jesus wanted then it wouldnt be in the Bible. Jesus told Paul to write this.

Corinthians 11 3

He who wants to argue with God let him speak.........(oh shit i forgot im agnostic. yeah disregard....)

• beksbks
    beksbks

Ohhh saywhat?!!! Didn't mean to get too serious dude!

NO ONE is better than anyone else and I apologize for my comment.

But you did just save yourself an ass whoopin'!

• sparrow
    sparrow

Why my wife would never have been a JW!!! I'd would have liked to have seen an elder try this crap on her. He'd end up in the back room lying in a pool of his own blood...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit