If Jw hate being a part of the world so much, why do they try...

by jetery 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• MMae
    MMae
    he told me that these organizations only provide temporary relief whereas god kingdom would provide permanent relief. he also said the best way that i could help these people is by preaching to them

JWs additude toward helping organizations is like that of the people in the scriptures that said that they couldn't help their elderly parents because their funds were dedicated to something holy - It's just an excuse not to do the right thing.

• milligal
    milligal

I agree with hope4others. JW's do think the world owes them and they never stop going on and on about the persecution they suffered-you'd think it happened yesterday. And yet, who was it that got them out of those concentration camps? The US troops and Allied forces. So many people died so that they could see freedom and they never bother to say thank you. My husband is enlisted and our family's act like we have a raging communicable disease. They could not be more disgusted that he is enlisted, yet they would happily accept him sacrificing his life to save theirs. They offered him no support during deployments, and then I found out his brother bragged to worldly neighbors about my husband being in Iraq. Yes, I have a problem with this too....

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They want to take MY tax dollars for their food stamps so they can spend it all out in field circus. And put it into the Worldwide Pedophile Defense Fund instead of tipping the waitresses at the coffee shops or donating it to real charities. (And many do insist on not tipping waitresses with anything but a waste of paper).

• winnower
    winnower

Well, for sure, this exaulted assinine elder gave you biased, bigoted, and unscriptural advice.

Why did you not challenge him with scripture? Have you not read for yourself Matthew 25:36-40, and Matthew 5:42?

Why do any of you take their word without using scripture to put them in their place?

Do you not read the Bible for yourselves?

Do you believe these ignorant exaulted potentates are god's mouthpiece?

Then why do you cower before them?

Why is it that none of you will stand up to these people with scripture to refute them?

It is written that these evildoers are to be slain with the sword.

The "sword" are the WORDS given to you in scripture.

Take your instructions straight from Jesus instead of these buffoons!

Jesus said we are to REBUKE people who speak evil and especially those who blaspheme the Creator. What audicity these elder demons have! Why do any of you let them get away with this unscriptural misadvice to people? They are serving satan and not the Creator.

Be bold and stand up to them.

God gave you a brain and a mouth. Jesus gave you the words to put in them. It's all laid out for you. Why are you keeping silent?

Get some gumption about you and take action.

Matthew 5:

42 Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you.

• logic&reason
    logic&reason
    JWs additude toward helping organizations is like that of the people in the scriptures that said that they couldn't help their elderly parents because their funds were dedicated to something holy - It's just an excuse not to do the right thing.

Good call. That's exactly what it is.

• Perry
    Perry

God is just going to kill all those people donating blood anyway. Why not use medicines that have approved blood fractions?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Jetery, you have it right. They are leeches that take but offer nothing but their
    literature. You gave the examples of the Lion's Club paying for eye surgery, but
    JW's feeling that such organizations are a waste of energy or money. You mentioned
    the sister who never worked but takes government assistance.

That is so common. I knew many pioneeers that kept their work hours low so that
    they qualified for government aid. That way, they could pioneer. Some even had
    medical reasons why they could not work or not work full-time, but they could preach
    for 70 hours a month. I remember one "sister" who was worried that they were going
    to review her activity, because they felt she could work more, but then she would have
    to stop pioneering. As an elder, I told her to follow the decision, as Jehovah doesn't
    want us to avoid hard work, and it might elevate her self-image if she pays her own
    bills. She went to another elder who gave her the opposite advice to convince them
    that she just couldn't work.

I love how JW's are directed not to donate blood, but now can take fractions or medicine
    derived from fractions. Where do they think the fractions come from?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit