If Jw hate being a part of the world so much, why do they try...

by jetery 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• jetery
    jetery

and benefit from it? when i was a witness i remember asking one of the elders if it would be alright to donate to different causes/charities like the american cancer society,st judes hospital etc. he told me that these organizations only provide temporary relief whereas god kingdom would provide permanent relief. he also said the best way that i could help these people is by preaching to them(as if that was going to really help.) he was so down on these organizations but yet when he needed them for help he sure didnt hesitate to ask them. For example, his granddaughter needed eye surgery so they went to the Lions Club to ask for help.Well they were approved for it and eye surgery was paid for in full causing thousands of dollars. It amazed me that he put down these organizations so badly that when it came time to benefit from them he wasted no time. Just like there are alot of wintesses that would put down these organizations but yet wont fail to use them when necessary. If they hate the world so much, then why bother with their programs. The complain about the government but they dont mind receiving help or monetary aid especially since some dont work because they dont wont to use the "world to the full". There was a sister who never worked and complained about the government but yet was receiving a check and food stamp from them. It seems to be if I didnt want to be a part of the world or benefit from any of their programs, I would stay clear of them in all aspects. Why does everything revolve around the preaching work as being the be all end all.If I was sick I dont think I would want to hear someone preaching to me all the time. Some of these organizations do provide some relief for the patient especially those who cant afford health care. Jw complain about people of other religions but yet these people provide jobs for some of them.If they hated being a part of the world so much then why not work only for JW"s. It seems like to me that if u disliked the world so much why make use of it?

• Satanus
    Satanus

Good points. If theirs was a religion based on facts, they would turn to their god jehovah for eye surgery, or whatever needs that they have. Too bad, j hoover is still resting, and unable to much of anything. His worshppers must needs go to the enemy for help.

S

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

I'm not sure why but to me many jw's that I have discussed this issue with have the idea the World owes them something.

I have never quite understood taking advantage of things we do not support, yet they do. Its like its God's provision for them

when they need it till the "New system" arrives...

hope4others

• M.J.
    M.J.

Living on welfare so they could go door-to-door? There's got to be some kind of problem here.

• Casper
    Casper

Good Question Jetery,

I've often wondered that also.

My second husband was an Army veteran, when he got sick we knew the medical bills would be huge.

He qualified for VA hospital benefits but, we felt that wasn't something the WTS would allow. Finally it got so bad we went ahead and asked the Elders about it.

They said :

Sure, use it to your full advantage, after all "they owe it to him"....

We did, and all worked out... just never thought they would say such a thing.

Cas

• worf
    worf

jetery,

Excellent points!

And when you take everything you pointed out and consider those things about the wt from a wide scope accounting basis it shows that the entire belief system of the wt is full of hypocritical holes.

Worf

• belbab
    belbab

If I remember right the Watchtower has put in print somewhere that it is OK to use the rescources of society in general. They use for scriptural basis the account of the Israelites, when they left Egypt, asked and received treasures and goodies for leaving.

Perhaps someone can find the references in the litterature.

belbab

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

The basic principal set forth by the WTB&TS is to take what is available but don't support anything other than the organization. If jws donate to worthy causes, they won't have money left to put in the contribution boxes or in their gas tanks for the meetings and cult recruiting service. Jws are brainwashed into thinking that the world owes them a living, because they are part of God's visible organization. It's the only thing they have to hang onto. They usually can't distinguish themselves in any other ways such as athletic or musical ability, and now it's looking like even scholarship outside of the organization is going to be stamped out.

• garybuss
    garybuss

The Witness Bible says God loves the world. What am I missing?

• jstalin
    jstalin

Whatever happened to "whatsoever you do for the least of my people, you do for me"?

Did I dream that?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit