iPods...what's the big deal?

by White Dove 21 Replies latest jw friends

• crownboy
    crownboy

Love listening to the Thomm Hartmann show. Thought iPods were overrated until I got one for a birthday present several years ago. Now when I leave it home it's almost like when I forget my cellphone .

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime

Also, there are other music players that do not lock you into Apple products. (AAC is an apple format, and some iTunes songs are still only sold with nasty Digital-Rights Management attached.)

When my ex and I were together, we bought a ton of music through the iTunes store, all of which we purchased through her Apple account. When we divorced, she later changed the password to her account - and 2 weeks later I was no longer allowed to play any of the songs I bought for myself. Thanks Apple! F-U too!

Whatever player you go with, I recommend you buy your music from someplace other than iTunes. Amazon lets you buy royalty-free mp3s that'll play on any computer, device, can be easily burned to CD's, and never contain DRM. Anything and everything plays mp3 nowdays - but only apple devices play apple's files.

- Lime

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit