The Real Culprit For Rising Oil Prices.???..and theres plenty of oil......

by chrisjoel 79 Replies latest jw friends

• shamus100
    shamus100

Sweetpea,

For the love of god, don't piss him off! He's due up here to pick up another load of crap.... His truck driving hauling around all our 'crap' keeps our economy going, and for that I am so indebted to him and the United States in general.

• besty
    besty
    He's due up here to pick up another load of crap.... His truck driving hauling around all our 'crap' keeps our economy going

Not identifying Zeroday for being solely responsible for rising oil prices? <see thread topic>

• Warlock
    Warlock

Speculators identify a trend and follow it until it turns around. Then they take the other side.

Soros knows VERY WELL, his words can have an impact. I suppose he has some short positions in oil.

If he does, I hope oil goes to $200.

Warlock

• Simon
    Simon

Lax regulation of financial markets are partly to blame for the high cost of oil as demand is not that far out of balance with supply.

However, the impact that this has is made worse by people / countries that do not use it efficiently.

I believe that the US is the only developed country to become less fuel efficient in the last 20 years ... it almost seems as though to be efficient and use less fuel means that 'someone else will get to use the oil we should have had' so, like a greedy little child hoarding sweets, people aim to use as much as they can as fast as they can to satisfy some god given right.

They they get all defensive because they know that their wiser, better looking and more popular neighbours to the north are looking down on them

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Lax regulation of financial markets are partly to blame for the high cost of oil as demand is not that far out of balance with supply.

Oil demand is highly inelastic in the short term, even a slight disbalance in demand/supply can cause large runups in price.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    They they get all defensive because they know that their wiser, better looking and more popular neighbours to the north are looking down on them

Canadian oil consumption per capita is nearly the same as the United State's. On this map, the "northern neighbors" look just as ugly.

Canada barrels per capita per year: 69.85

United States barrels per capita per year: 68.81

• zeroday
    zeroday

Everyone knows the Canadians are far superior to the US just look at their world renouned state of the art health care system, their economy that is almost 100% dependent on the US their number one trading partner I might add, the fact they don't need a viable military because we've got them covered...

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Canada is basically a US province.

BTS

• zeroday
    zeroday

Canada is basically a US province.

BTS

They just don't want to admit it...

• Satanus
    Satanus

Zero

A look at history since the 1950's will show that the usa did not tolerate anything big developing in canada, and so killed them as they sprouted. The us put pressure on canada to do it to itself. Start w defenbaker and the avro arrow. Also, if we did not have a king elephant for a 'friendly' nieghbor, we could have a thriving auto industry. We could be exporting the best jets and cars to the rest of the world. We are not stupider or lazier than say, autralians or south koreans. It's just that we have a different kind of nieghbor.

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit