Mom says "The end is sooooooooooooooo close now"

by dazednotconfused 26 Replies latest jw friends

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

Just nod your head and knowingly say "it's never been closer".

• logic&reason
    logic&reason

They are grasping at straws...

Imagine looking back at a lifetime wasted working for a printing company that demanded overtime, interfered with your family life, and didn't pay you a dime.

They desperately want/need justification for their efforts.

It's sad.

• Emma
    Emma

Imagine looking back at a lifetime wasted working for a printing company that demanded overtime, interfered with your family life, and didn't pay you a dime.

They desperately want/need justification for their efforts.

That's why they have to keep believing its just around the corner. They've invested their entire life and being. They can't have wasted their entire life so it has to be close. I can imagine how desperate they would be if they let themselves think they might have been wrong. I think thats when you'd see individuals mixing up their own Kool-ade.

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

You should say "Of course the end is soooooooooooooooooooo close now...of your LIFE sistah! Every day you spend WASTING sitting by the phone waiting for Jehovah to call and tell you Imadeadun is next week on Thursday, you are one day closer to dying and are pissing away the ONLY life God gave you.

The Witnesses are all like...."Ok! Any time now! Wait for it! Yep...ittttts a comin! Can you feel it? Gas prices are high! Starving people! Earthquakes! Wars! and omyGOD a BLACK MAN might be president!! The end is NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAR!!"

LOL!

LD of the ObamaRocks Class

• oompa
    oompa

I want a t-shirt that says exactly that.....and i want all the o's to spiral around and around the shirt from top to bottom.....just a big ditto here on this insane and improber teaching. Sooooooooo glad they never go beyond what is written........like "NOBODY KNOW THE DAY OR THE HOUR".........ok, fine...so shut up already with the sooooo close! If you Wt cd search.....there is actuallY just one VERY VERY CLOSE in the WT time....and last year it was IMMINENT! Even my elder/dad says he soooo wishes they would stop doing this.......oompa

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Running Away In CirclesRunning Away In Circles..The end is near!!..Running Away In CirclesRunning Away In Circles..............The Watchtower has been peddling that crap since 1876.the same year General Custer died at Little Big Horn..LOL!!...............Clint Eastwood...OUTLAW

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

It was so close in 1975. But things are different now. We are so so so deep in the time of the end. Oil crisis, food shortages, earthquakes. I think I am going back and sell some watchtowers. NOT.

• Madame
    Madame

I'm 58 years old, and the end was soooooo close i the fifties when I was a child!

• golf2
    golf2

When wasn't the end soooooooooooooooooo close?

• blondie
    blondie

*** w06 9/1 p. 21 When a Loved One Leaves Jehovah ***Remember, the storm clouds of Armageddon are swiftly approaching. Moreover, life in this system is short and uncertain. You cannot know if you will even be alive tomorrow.

*** w00 2/1 p. 19 par. 2 Joyful in the God of Our Salvation ***How do we react when we realize that the conflict seen in vision by Daniel—God’s war of Armageddon—is very close?

*** w97 9/1 p. 19 par. 1 Keep Jehovah’s Day Close in Mind ***A FULL-TIME minister for more than 66 years wrote: "I have always felt a keen sense of urgency. Armageddon has always been, in my thinking, the day after tomorrow.

*** w84 3/1 pp. 18-19 par. 12 Kingdom Unity a Reality Today ***He has told us that the "generation" of 1914—the year that the sign began to be fulfilled—"will by no means pass away until all these things occur." (Matthew 24:34) Some of that "generation" could survive until the end of the century. But there are many indications that "the end" is much closer than that!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit