Fake Friends?

by Save My Soul 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Save My Soul
    Save My Soul

I asked my brother why my (now deceased) father never associated with many witnesses. He said that many (J-Dubs) were phonies,.....two-faced even according to my dad.

Did you ever notices witnesses to be phony, or fake friends? Did you ever notice someone be nice to someone then bad mouth that person to you directly?

I came to find out that my bible study conductor did this to me and many other through the years. Very dissapointing. He is now a CO which is even more frieghting.

just curious of your experiences.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I have to agree. If there is a sense to anyone's friends of a question about the GB, they will turn and run. Also very influenced by rumor. If u are well to do or serving people will suck up, otherwise most will be aloof to your existence but act friendly at the KH

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

One family (now the lead hounder's) wanted to host me. They have done things that appear on the surface "helpful". I believe that was done chiefly to create the illusion that the witlesses were helpful. Notably, this is the same family that I have felt claustrophobic when around, and they tried to "theocraptically" arrange for me to just meet men at the a$$emblies.

• Nancy Drake
    Nancy Drake

One time an elder and his wife invited my friend and I (teenagers at the time) over for dinner and a delightful game of ping pong. The night took a nasty turn when the ulterior motive for the invite was to interrogate my friend and I about being seen with a worldly boy. That strikes me as two faced. And cruel.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

80% I would say are fake....we called many over for dinner in the new Cong. and only two invited us? Are they all poor....can't they afford at least Coffee or Tea? The hell with them, they helped me quit the Hypocracy Theocracy.

• shopaholic
    shopaholic
    father never associated with many witnesses. He said that many (J-Dubs) were phonies,.....two-faced even according to my dad.

My dad is not a JW but says this about JWs all the time. He tells my mom how she worships is her business but to realize that most JWs are not the holy-rollers she thinks they are.

• shopaholic
    shopaholic
    One time an elder and his wife invited my friend and I (teenagers at the time) over for dinner and a delightful game of ping pong. The night took a nasty turn when the ulterior motive for the invite was to interrogate my friend and I about being seen with a worldly boy.

Nancy, something similar happened to me when I was in my mid teens. I explained to elder that we were on our way to the library to meet others for a school project. He wasn't buying it and kept on with the questions and lecture. Finally, I told the elder something about him not being Jehovah and then got up and left. He had a talk with my mom and told her to look after me because I was on my way down the wrong road, blah, blah, blah. About 3 months later, his 17-year-old pioneering daughter was DF'd for moving in with her worldly boyfriend....ROFL....he couldn't even look me or my mom in the face after that.

• sf
    sf

Fake friends that call themselves jws? Perish the thought. sKally

• shamus100
    shamus100

Sophaholic,

Too funny! Pride before a fall....

Your story is pretty typical of the attitude of dorknob loser witnesses, with little to no social skills whatsoever. People like that are the most unhappiest people on the planet - trust me.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Life works on the quid quo pro principal in and out of the borg.

Something for something.

If you are a member of a nazzi/republican type organization, you have to expect to be ratted out when you step out of line.

Out in the world there is no honor amongst thieves. Half of the people in jail were ratted out by their friends accomplices.

Dont break any rules or do anything out rageous and people wont have anything bad to say.

If you dont like human behavior, try being a loner, or a rougue.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit