Fake Friends?

by Save My Soul 11 Replies latest jw friends

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Nancy Drake,

Interesting about the story where you were invited because somebody had an ulterior motive. In this case it was about fishing for information. I know I have been invited as the entertainment because of a story I can tell. In this case they talk endlessly after you leave.

My observation was that some invitations were a 'hook' to try to get you to do favors. They reasoned that because you were served a meal you would then be more receptive to such things. Other invitations worth refusing were those for 'sales parties' for the many products that JWs sell.

When I discern that invitations are not about somebody sincerely trying to befriend me but are instead about selling something or getting favors then I consider these to be ulterior motives.

LHG

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Well let's put it this way...I kinda grew up in the faith, I only had JW friends, many families knew me from a tot, I was true to my word, a fantastic girl and when I changed my mind about the faith each and every single person shunned me - NOT ONE has called me to this day. So yeah I was surrounded by people who were conditional friends.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit