JW's unwritten dress code and personal appearance standards-FROM WHERE?

by Thechickennest 42 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

My friend was pulled aside and the one who directed the bible study said to him: "Do you know why I never call on your to pray?" My friend said "no". Then the pompous prick said to him "Because you don't wear a tie."

I think it hurt him for a long time. He never forgot those words. He wasn't good enough for God because he was not dressed right.

I think deep down, my friend may have known there was something "not quite right" with the org. but just couldn't put his finger on it or reason it out. If he had had a non-JW friend at the time it happened, maybe someone could have brought up the absurdity of it and what Jesus's rules were. I think it could be very positive to encourage JWs to have non cult friends. Especially those who might be questioning and seeing the cult for what it is.

• imconfused
    imconfused

Ive always wondered this, why females have to wear a skirt/dress when some trousers can be very smart - never given an answer apart from its what the faithful & discreet slave say so we should listen.

When I went to the memorial last year I wore my dr marten, knee high, steel top boots, with a knee length black skirt - my mam asked my hubby why he'd let me come out to the hall looking like that - he told her I wear what I want & I told her the boots were for kicking anyone who was rude to me

• tec
    tec

I think there's a dress code because they have forgotten (or never knew) that it is the inside of the cup that God cares about and not the outside. In fact, Jesus made a point to mention this. I think its a pharisee type rule... clean the outside of the cup, and the inside looks clean too.

Tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit