Is there any good?

by passwordprotected 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• shadow
    shadow

I do

• Terry
    Terry

1.Are you allowed to become who you are as an individual or are you required to be ONE THING?

2.Are you free to think thoughts and ask questions that don't take certain premises as a "given?"

3.Are you considered to be valuable as a person or just a cog in a great wheel always expendable?

4.Do years of fine service earn you a reserve of respect? Or, is it always "what have you done for us lately?"

5.Are your friends really friends who'll stick with you? Or, will they turn on you to prove they are righteous and to save their own hide?

6.Is the work you are asked to do really a boon and benefit to others--or--is the quality always changing to something else, then, something else again?

7.Do you have to make excuses for those who supposedly know more than you do when they are wrong? And, are you allowed to be as wrong yourself and be excused?

8.Is your daily life practical, or, are you living so outside the norm of society that you have made yourself and your children oddballs who cannot function except inside a bubble of false comraderie?

9.Are you required to view others as outsiders, goats, evil, depraved and the walking dead? Or, can you take or leave outsiders for their humanity, goodness and personal merit?

10.Do you find yourself happy generally or frightened, uncertain, depressed and dependant with no place to go but to authority figures who don't want to understand your personal woes?

The above is a good checklist for determining if there is more GOOD than BAD about living a life as a Jehovah's Witness.

• shadow
    shadow

I could come up with a checklist to prove that most people are better off dead. Many of the things in the checklist are true of society in general. The only way to permanently leave the planet is to die, so . . .

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

David,

As I re-read my earlier post I realize how critical and insensitive it sounds, and I did not mean it to

come across that way. If I embarrassed or hurt your feelings in anyway I hope you can forgive me.

hope4others

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit