Is there any good?

by passwordprotected 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

My wife says that, while she can see the negative stuff, the good outweighs the bad. Anyone else feel like this?

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

How can good be out weighed by lies and more lies, the whole history of the Wt is built on hidden lies.

h4o

• llbh
    llbh

I am with your wife on this one. In my experience most people are kind , if you look here on JWD you will find by and large a very helpful and warm group of people. To show this look at the responses momzcrazy had on thread - i need my my jwd support group. and threads where people have lost loved ones. The outpourings of warmth are genuine and extend far beyond JWD

Regards david

• belbab
    belbab

Password P,

The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity; Math 13:41

belbab

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

you just lost me David...

Isn't he talking about the Wt being good? His wife thinks even though there are some bad things its still the best place to be in the Wt???

Is that what your saying password?

h4o

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Even ultra-purified water when laced with a drop or two of poison should cause us to reject it perhaps?

[To borrow a Watchtower analogy. Snicker.]

Jeff

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

maybe you can ask her for us to identify some specific good that the org. does. What is she getting out of it? I'm not being sarcastic, I actually want to know. I was a JW for half my life, and I don't remember anyone who was happy.

• TheSilence
    TheSilence

I had nightmares into my early twenties of God chasing me with mudslides, or some other such disaster, to kill me.

My dad told me when I was 13 that because I didn't believe what the witnesses taught I was no longer his daughter, that if I did something wrong and one of the other kids did the same thing wrong I would be in more trouble because I had turned my back on Jehovah, and living in the same house he didn't speak to me, not one word, for 3 months.

When I was 16 my dad told me I was a cold, hard-hearted person who didn't respond to love and I didn't know what I was running to I only knew what I was running away from. My sin? I had gotten permission from my mom to go on my first date.

I see my nephew not allowed to be a little boy, not allowed to have fun the way his cousins do, forced to sit in an unnatural environment for a 3 year old, quietly, for 2 hours at a time... 7 at conventions.

I see that he loves his parents... but I also see that he has the same fear of them that I had of my dad... the knowledge that his love was conditional and the least infraction would take it away from me.

And I know that of all the atrocities this religion can put upon a child I got off easy, and I hope my nephew does as well.

The good that came of it... I learned to speak in public, I suppose. I learned it was okay to be different. I learned to stand for what I believe in... all good lessons.

But if I could choose for my nephew... I believe he could learn those lessons elsewhere without the drawbacks of the witnesses.

So, no, I don't think the good outweighs the bad by any stretch of my imagination.

Jackie

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

well that's my feeling, too. The 'good' things they talk about are phantoms. The reality is painful and bitter. I remember when I had a serious period of depression, one of the women in the congregation gave me a talking to - she asked me why I thought I should be happy when no one else is. That is one of the things that got me headed out of the WTBTS.

• yknot
    yknot

If there is then the same logic can and should be applied to "Christendom" too..........

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit