The effect of high gas prices on the watchtower

by 1914BS 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• 1914BS
    1914BS

the Wacktower is simply a large corporation that maintains a profit margin. As crude oil goes up, so will the costs of printing wacktowers and books. Sooner or later drastic measures will be taken to reduce costs. We have already seen some of these measures and here are some more possiblities

1 hard cover books are now soft cover books
    2 re-studying of the same books over and over
    3 elimination of entire meetings (book study)
    4 downloading the Wacktower from the internet(PDF's)(thanks to fokyc that is basically a reality right now!!!)
    5 Audio & visual links to assemblies (they already have audio links for meetings)
    6 Online preaching work (you can talk to a real dub online to get the troot)

Anymore things the Wacktower could do to reduce costs?

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

I highly doubt the WT will encourage online witnessing.

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

Even though this had nothing to do with reduing costs....it has been mentioned they will download spyware....

I guess it could reduce the time and gas they spend to form a jc, and investigate. Now they can do it with one "click"....

"That brother been's at jwd.......DF him for apostacy!!"

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Perhaps they will start having e-judicial committees...where offenders will be electronically disfellowshipped.

• Lady Zombie
    Lady Zombie

You know how they love to deride BtheG for passing the plate and filling out tithing slips?

I have a feeling they'll start doing something similar.

I predict it'll be announced at the DC ASSembly and presented as a "loving" provision the GB has made so that faithful witnesses can now fill out a form and have 10% of their income go directly to the society. Followed of course by a 5 minute applause.

The R&F won't blink an eye.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

They will shift the financial burden of printing by emailing or downloading KMs and study articles to the Secretary and forcing each congregation to do their own printing.

They will never allow on-line witnessing. NEVER. Too many evil apostates out there in cyberspace.

• yknot
    yknot

I a newly named magazine to that merges and replaces the public WT & Awake!

PFD 'CBS" Books or arrangement to special order books in soft cover for a preset donation amount from literature counter or directly at jw.org.

Watchtower PDF option encouraged. Eventually publishers will 'subscribe' to the PDF or Hardcopy (paid subscription) version yearly.

Tract campaigns only.

New bring'em in "Bible Study" JW introduction book that will be used in coverting for many years, backed by the 2008 release.

Ditto NY44M above too.

• Farkel
    Farkel

:Anymore things the Wacktower could do to reduce costs?

Yes. Close their doors and go out of business.

Farkel

• Lady Zombie
    Lady Zombie

:Anymore things the Wacktower could do to reduce costs?

Yes. Close their doors and go out of business.

Farkel

Don't tease, Farkel!

That would be just too wonderful!

• blondie
    blondie

Actually the book study (now called "bible" study) has not been totally eliminated. It has been reduced in time and combined with the school and service meeting.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit