Music To Listen To While JWD'ing.....

by sweet pea 12 Replies latest jw friends

• sweet pea
    sweet pea

Just bought the new CD by Duffy - Rockferry and it's just sublime!!

Best album I've bought for a long time and absolutely the perfect accompaniment to JWD and JDC (Jack Daniels and Coke!) - :-)

What's your particular pleasure whilst on JWD?

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I have my music in my computer. I put in just about everything that was a hit from the mid 1960s up to the present, and that includes R&B, disco, and album cuts. I have it organized into playlists (depending on what I feel like playing at the time), or I can just play out of the library. And yes, I have Christmas songs in my library that could come up any time of the year.

• betweenworlds
    betweenworlds

I like to listion to episodes of 'skeptoid' or skepticality ^^ both cool podcasts.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Hi Sweet Pea,

I have two separate net services so that I can listen to www.hos.com and type away on JWD ...

Slow music for fast times.

Vangelis, Paul Sauvanet, David Arkenstone, Omar Faruk Tekbilek, Jon Mark, Robert Rich ...

Ambient, Tibetan, Chinese, Electronic Space, Mediterranean, Latin, Nordic, Spanish/Moorish, Native American, Scandinavian/Nordic, Orchestral, East Indian ...

CoCo

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

SP, if you like Duffy get POE - Haunted. It's a top five album, unbelievably good. She has a website too.

• JK666
    JK666

I am currently chillin' out with Tom Waits - Nighthawks At The Diner.

JK

• tinker
    tinker

Good Evening SP, I am sitting here with a lovely 16 yr old scotch, Nadurra by Glenlivet. I returned home on Wed to flowers and this lux gift from my honey. I just got my first iPod and downloading everything right now. Bruce Springsteen is playing but I also have Pink Floyd, Mark Knoffler, Dylan, Stones, Dylan Dylan and more Dylan. Of course Beatles and Sinatra and Dino Martin.

I'm also a classical fan so I added lots of Mozart and sometimes I need The Pachelbel Canon. Something about Baroque Hits I love on a rainy day.

I have a favorite radio station from Portland, Or. KINK that I stream online everyday, all day. They have the best mix and themes. All the new stuff is great. I should pay more attention to who they are but instead I just enjoy.

What fun we had the other night. Did Dag tell you about our car trouble on the way home, at 1am? Good thing you live in a nice area.

Looking forward to my next visit and hope you can meet my guy. He is a JD+C drinker too.

Cheers, Tinker

• sweet pea
    sweet pea

Tinker - what a great evening with you guys, shame about the breakdown. Would love to meet your man - bring him over! Congrats on the Ipod, you'll wonder what you ever did without one. On the subject of Classical Music - Paul and I went down the aisle at the KINGDOM HALL to Pachelbel's Canon!! Can you believe it???!!!!! When I think back, I'm amazed they let me have my wicked way with some worldly music, still I'm sure they think they got their own back - the Elder who married us helped disfellowship us. Ho hum. It's such a beautiful piece, I couldn't resist.

Coco - Thanks for the tip - the site looks interesting.

UnConfused - looking forward to being able to sample the Poe - my connection to YouTube isn't working properly right now but I'll keep trying.

• smellsgood
    smellsgood

Garbage.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Current fave is Memento Mori by the Bastard Fairies

Awesome!!

Also Scissor Sisters. If I don't want too many lyrics its the Chemical Brothers, Royksopp or Sigur Ros.

Sunday afternoons I listen to the radio for our favourite presenters show!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit