Aug 15-08 Study WT - More evil apostates!

by still_in74 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Currientology
    Currientology

I need a full scan of the Aug study edition... To do my best.. in my attempt at removing those within.
    It's a long slow process as I am sure y'all know... All I can do is know something about what they are being taught... and prep for a thought / response...

Thanks...
    What do you do with older people who have believed the JW line all their lives???? who's... by an exposing, would suddenly come crashing down... I'm not sure what that would do.... I'm not sure it would be worth it....

• logic
    logic

A little off the subject, but I use what is called 'Advanced search bar' , which a utility which is a zoom. You just click on it at any time to either zoom in or out , it is not a magnifier but makes the web page readable in larger or smaller print, but still viewable in the window. You don't have to scroll back and forth. You can download it for free. I works great at least for me.

• booby
    booby

Paragraph 15 . . . . Sooo.... If Jehovah through his holy spirit using the faithful and discreet slave cannot make the "certain position" that he gets them to take clear enough for us to understand we should act humbly and wait on Jehovah to clarify matters. Yikes, that hurts to think that hard.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Oh, poop on it. Their fear of losing control of the populous is so transparent, and what about always using Israelite kings and battles? Always!

And yes, I do believe that it would be cruel to jerk the carpet out from under older ones who have been in the toof for years and years and years. Let them go out how they want. We all need something to believe in, I guess.

• Bring_the_Light
    Bring_the_Light

When you see your opponent sweat, you want to hit harder and finish it. I find WTS battling like this to be very very motivating. Imagine if there was an organized Army of "apostates"..... Wow. :) I'd enlist and fight through coffee breaks (no pioneer would miss a coffee break just to spread "datroof")

• StAnn
    StAnn

Once again, broad generalizations that Christendom's clergy and others presumptuously claim a priesthood for themselves that belongs only to true christians! Of course, JWs are the true christians. This stuff is just blatant propaganda and ego-stroking. I'm embarrassed to remember how smug and superior I felt when I thought that I was one of the few true christians as a JW, only to discover that I wasn't a christian at all.

• independent_tre
    independent_tre

I've always hated the "wait-for-clarification-because-you're-too-stupid-to-understand" argument. Nothing but a defensive cover for the GB to get away with flipflopping, going above and beyond scripture and false prophecies. But it's AMAZING how well it works on the r&f and how it can easily convince new ones to get baptized. It worked on me.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

This is the difference: Jeroboam actually created new problems that didn't exist and enforced them through rules. Most of us apostates are trying to remove existing problems that the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger has already created.

• still_in74
    still_in74
    The FDS is the Evil Slave that browbeats those trying to do a good job for the master. They've taken advantage of the delay (the Armageddon predicted which never seems to come!) to abuse the little ones and pressure them with great burdens that make no sense.

2 years ago if someone had said this to me I would have been furious! And visciously attacked them through WT pre-programmed defense mechanisms.

I have reached a point that I am so certain of the WTS falseness (is that a word?) that statements like these almost demand a visceral "AMEN!"

As for the article: The WTS seems to even more so, stress the falseness of apostates by "their conduct" and draws out the JW's need for warm and fuzzy harping about the "spiritual paradise" they now enjoy.
    Do we see what is happening here? No argument agains the apostate alogations, no teaching of truth. The WTS side-steps the issues and uses lauresls and nostalgia to create this illusion of truth based on a "feel good" fluff

• justhuman
    justhuman

Why does the WT tell us what we "evil" apostates are saying. Perhaps it will be nice for them to examine the book "Crisis of Conscious" in their Sunday study. Sure the "brothers and sisters" will see what the hell did "evil Ray Franz" wrote in that Book. After finishing that book they can examine also "Apocalypse Delayed" by Penton, and Hasan's "Combating Mind Control"...

But I guess after "examining" Crisis..they wan't be any JW's to examine the other books....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit