The Watchtower Organization - A Toxic Parental Figure

by Jeremy C 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Quandry
    Quandry

"We are not infallible, we make mistakes. We are not currently making mistakes.
    We are spirit-directed, not inspired. That means our words are our own, but Jehovah
    gives them to us, as opposed to the inspired words of the Bible that are Jehovah's
    words given to men who were allowed to input their own way of writing them. What's
    the difference? Even we don't know."

Onthewayout-So confusing, wasn't it? I always thought it was just my limited understanding when I would read their convoluted reasoning!!!

• jakmarx
    jakmarx

A kind loving elder (i mean that bytheway) who had spent many years in bethel the once told me.

They are taught (think it was elder skool not sure) that there 2 main ways of "motivating" a congregation.

Fear and

Guilt it left me bemused. This was about ten minutes before he asked me if i wanted to be a MS. I declined.

• Lady Zombie
    Lady Zombie
    guilt or inspiration - its all in your perspective.

Uh........no. "Inspiration" via guilt is still toxic, no matter the "perspective."

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Great info.

Bangalore

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

never looked at it like that

thankyou

oz

• sizemik
    sizemik

Yeah . . . thanks for the bump . . . a great perspective.

Had a CO tell me once that those zealous individuals in war-torn, poverty . . . "prayed for us affluent ones because of all the temptation we have to overcome" . . . patronising but clever as well . . . tangential guilt infusion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit