I have decided to move. Shall Boston be my new home?

by sweetface2233 10 Replies latest social humour

• sweetface2233
    sweetface2233

http://www.bitoffun.com/Stupid_Laws.htm

Massachusetts

• You may not, at any time take a crap on your neighbor.
  • oompa
    oompa

ewwwwwwwww................oompa

gotta wonder what case forced that law!

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

I think I need to move out of missouri!!

It is illegal to have oral sex.

alt

It is not illegal to speed.

alt

In this small town of only 4,000, yard waste may be burned any day except Sunday. (Buckner)

alt

Hard objects may not be thrown by hand. (Excelsior Springs)

alt

Worrying squirrels will not be tolerated. (Excelsior Springs)

alt

alt

Minors are allowed to buy shotguns however, they may not purchase cap pistols. (Kansas City)

alt

Installation of bathtubs with four legs resembling animal paws is prohibited. (Kansas City)

alt

Minors can buy rolling paper and tobacco but not lighters. (Marceline)

alt

It is illegal for more than four unrelated persons to occupy the same dwelling (The Brothel Law). (Marquette)

alt

Frightening a baby is in violation of the law. (Mole)

alt

It shall be unlawful to provide beer or other intoxicants to elephants. (Natchez)

alt

Dancing is strictly prohibited. (Purdy)

alt

It's illegal to sit on the curb of any city street and drink beer from a bucket. This law refers back to the extinct Italian celebration, Hill Day, when beer was served in buckets. (St. Louis)

alt

A milk man may not run while on duty. (St. Louis)

alt

No person may own a PVC pipe. (University City)

alt

No person may have a "yard sale" in their front yard. In addition to this, no person shall have more than two yard sales a year. (University City)

alt

Houses may not have lights on them that shine into the window of a neighbor's house. (University City)

alt

It is illegal to request for someone to "watch over" your parked car. (University City)

alt

One may not honk another's horn. (University City)

alt

Four women may not rent an apartment together

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Those were fun to look at Sweetface

There has to be someone on the forum that lives or knows the area that your thinking of moving to just keep

asking, as your probably aware of all that entails when you make a move,

Hope you find a place that makes you happy and content !

• sweetface2233
    sweetface2233

Actually Homie, I was looking into BC.

• BFD
    BFD

You big flirt. No wonder you get suggestive pms.

If you want to move to Bumfuck, NY I have a pretty big house. Do you do windows?

BFD

• zagor
    zagor

crazyblondeb are you serious?

I think States are becoming way over regulated, its like a big version of WTBS.

You should all move downunder lol

• dinah
    dinah

I thought Alabama would be funnier than this, you should see what our legislature does. They are pathetic. I'll bet I could find better ones.

I bolded the ones that made me laugh.

WTF are "blow out nuts"? Inquiring minds want to know. Any idea, BFD?

It is illegal for a driver to be blindfolded while operating a vehicle.

alt

Dominoes may not be played on Sunday.

alt

Putting salt on a railroad track may be punishable by death.

alt

Boogers may not be flicked into the wind.

alt

alt

It is legal to drive the wrong way down a one-way street if you have a lantern attached to the front of your automobile.
    alt

You may not have an ice cream cone in your back pocket at any time.

alt

Men may not spit in front of the opposite sex.

alt

Women are able to retain all property they owned prior to marriage in the case of divorce. However, this provision does not apply to men.

alt

Children of incestuous couples are deemed legitimate.

alt

Interracial couples may not marry. (Repealed)

alt

No billiard hall may operate a trap-door to a place where persons gather for "immoral purposes".

alt

No persons may sell "blow-out nuts".

alt

It is illegal to stake a horse on a highway.

alt

Hunting is not allowed on Sunday.

alt

Sex toys are banned throughout the state.

alt

You may not wear blue jeans down Noble Street. (Anniston)

alt

If an animal control officer is in uniform, it signifies to the public that he is an animal control officer. (Huntsville)

alt

It is illegal for a husband to beat his wife with a stick larger than the diameter of his thumb. (Jasper)(Also known as the rule of thumb)

alt

It is illegal to sell peanuts in Lee County after sundown on Wednesday. (Lee County)

alt

It is illegal to howl at ladies within the city limits. (Mobile)

alt

It is unlawful to wear women's pumps with sharp, high heels. (Mobile)

alt

It is considered an offense to open an umbrella on a street, for fear of spooking horses. (Montgomery)(Repealed)

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

That Massachusetts law wouldn't suit me I'm always taking a crap on my neighbor

• Farkel
    Farkel

:Shall Boston be my new home?

If you love American History, Boston is the town for you. If you love to eat franks and beans every Sunday, Boston is it. Why do you think they call it "beantown." The Boston/Cambridge area has more Universities and Colleges than any city in America: over 90, including Harvard and MIT. Lexington and Concord are close by and are rich in American Revolutionary History. The Boston Common (park) is wonderful. The North Church ("one if by land, two if by sea"), Paul Revere's home (designed for midgits), the U.S.S. Constitution ("Old Ironsides") and many, many other wonderful things to see are there, including the Freedom Trail.

The original "Cheers" bar ("The Bull and Finch") is near the Common.

On the otherhand, you must get used to losing two or three knuckles from your fingers and toes each winter, due to frostbite. If you are not a liberal, you just might get shot. Logan Airport sucks. There is a LOT of racial tension in Boston. I've spent a decent amount of time there. My former wife grew up there. Then she moved to San Diego and never wanted to go back.

Your call.

Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit