by startingover 60 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Satanus
    Satanus

Is love unjust?

S

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Satan,

That is a POV question. Just as love is more of a POV it all depends who is asking and who is answering.

• CandleLight
    CandleLight

I cannot see any Biblical evidence to support a torture chamber that is run by Satan..

That being said, I do not plan to be there, whatever defination is put on it.

...Headed down the other path.. CL

• justhuman
    justhuman

nvrgnbk wrote:

No major sect, Catholic or Protestant, was teaching the Hellfire doctrine as metaphor two hundred years ago.

This watering down of the flames of Hell that has occurred in Christendom is strikingly similar to the phenomenon of new light we all decry within Watchtower doctrine.

For the Early Apostolic Church Hell( kolasis in Greek) it was considered to be a place away from God's presence, and it was always having the same concept and explanation. There are writtings of the Early Apostolic Church Fathers on this matter, and this how was kept in the Orthodox Apostolic Church. The problem regarding the "understanding" of Hell occured when the Catholic(Papal) Church broke way from the Apostolic Church and inserted confusing doctrines and teachings to the Christian Gospel. As a result the Protestands occured, but instead of going back to the Apostolic Church their herecy became even worsed and brought more confussion...

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    The problem regarding the "understanding" of Hell occured when the Catholic(Papal) Church broke way from the Apostolic Church and inserted confusing doctrines and teachings to the Christian Gospel.

Please explain.

• justhuman
    justhuman

When the Church(Old Rome and New Rome) was united with communion the Christian dogma was one. The first signs of the schisma started in the 7th century A.D It ended up 1054 A.D when 3 cardinals entered to the Temple of Saint Sofia in Constantinoupole and they let a letter denouncing the New Rome and the Bishop.The last Orthodox Pope resigned 1009, After that German Popes replace the Romans. The real issue of the schisma was political games of the Franks. The Catholic Church fallen into serious mistakes and locked into a specific theological understanding of things. While the scientific discoveries of Galileo and Copernicus threaten the Catholic Power and metaphysic understanding and as a result they acted violently with the Inquisition.

While in the New Rome they were schools, hospitals, univercities, science, all taken and preserved from the Classical Athens and Hellenic/Roman civilazation.The Church wasn't involved on those matters, on the contrary to what happened to the West Rome.

Pope Leo 809 A.D knew that the Franks wanted to invate the Roman Church, so he wrote the Symbol of Faith in silver plates inside the Saint's Peter Temple and at the end He wrote: HAEC LEO POSUI AMORE ET CAUTELA ORTHODOXAE FIDEI. Translated "I Leo set this plate for the love and protection of Orthodoxy". He resisted strongly regarding the Filioque issue that the Franks tried to inserted.

So BurnTheShips the Schisma created by the Franks turned the Catholic Church way from the Teachings of the Apostolic Church. Simple as that and the only way for the Church to be united like before the Catholic's must look for those Teachings and accept them.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

No I do not mean the Schisma JustHuman, I mean the divergence in the doctrine of Hell. I am aware of no such divergence and you said as much in your previous post. Please explain.

BTS

• justhuman
    justhuman

Sorry, but they are connected...anyhow the word kolasis in Greek means I suffer. It has to do with a personal situation. I recall when my mother was raized Catholic(was in Catholic school) and the reasons my grandfather left the RC was the Hell and purgatory dogma. As I read in this post the Catholics explain Hell(Kolasis)like the Orthodox do. I don't know when they change it but if they did is good. They are closer to the Apostolic Church

Here is a very nice explaination of the subject

http://www.oodegr.com/english/theos/pyr_fws1.htm

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

justhuman, you have a PM.

BTS

• GetOverIt
    GetOverIt

I go back and forth because in the OT when God destroyed the wicked, he just killed them. Period, point blank. So if he (God) doesnt' change, why would he start burning folks for eternity now? Was there no "hell" to go to in the OT? On the other hand, I err on the side of caution. If there is really a hell, I ain't trying to go. If there's not, then I'll just be dead forever (if I was wicked...though I'm not) . However, do I believe my salvation is based on whether I'm convinced of it or not, nope. So I try not to give it too much weight. Just try to do what I've been commanded by Jesus to do.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit