To ex-JW's who became real "Christians"

by startingover 60 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sacolton
    sacolton

justhuman explained it the best. I agree.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    So Hell it is a spiritual situation only for those who reject God

Hmmm.

Will said rejectors know that they're in Hell?

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    From a theistic standpoint, I could hardly think of a more blasphemous definition.

That's how I see it though.

BTS

EDIT: I am a bit influenced by Tolkien's Silmarillion, he called it the Void.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Nev,

It sorta like GOD shuns them eternally, they never get to see his face,, bask in his full glory,, they wouldn't beleive in him when they had the chance and now GOD turns his back on them for ever the ultimate shun done by the greatest almighty shunner himself.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Nev,

It sorta like GOD shuns them eternally, they never get to see his face,, bask in his full glory,, they wouldn't beleive in him when they had the chance and now GOD turns his back on them for ever the ultimate shun done the the almighty shunner.

So Hell is never getting to know the guy that never wanted us to really know him?

Sounds like a win-win.

• snowbird
    snowbird

What is your belief now regarding Hell? A place of torment? No! The grave? Yes!

Sylvia

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

It's fascinating to observe how such beliefs have evolved, tempered by the reason that secular humanism brings to the discussion.

No major sect, Catholic or Protestant, was teaching the Hellfire doctrine as metaphor two hundred years ago.

This watering down of the flames of Hell that has occurred in Christendom is strikingly similar to the phenomenon of new light we all decry within Watchtower doctrine.

That there is a place of eternal suffering for the wicked has always been taught--as it still is. Hell itself is not a metaphor. There is no change here. In orthodox Christianity, Hell is a real place and a real state that some will be in after they die. The "fire" and "brimstone" aspects are the metaphors. Hell is a place with no love, no joy, no peace, no pleasure at all. The separation from the source of all that is good, Divine Love, is complete, without respite and without end.

BTS

• Satanus
    Satanus

Well, since there is no biblegod, and hell is the absence of biblegod, i guess hell is here and now, always was, always will be. Heheh (place devil horns icon here)

S

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    What is your belief now regarding Hell? A place of torment? The grave?

Hell is what I gave the bastard from Summit Energy who came to my door last night because he was too stupid to understand the meaning of the word "NO". This was obvious after I repeated it to him at least 6 times. It was also the 4th time they came to my door in the last month.

Hell is a state of torment that takes place before death.

W

• oompa
    oompa

Sorry I am not a real Christian, but am an ex-JW. People that have near death or death experiences often see a bright light...angels...etc. When I had one I immediately reached for my tongs and the Lea and Perrins sauce....yeah....I was grillin!!!!.........this does NOT prove the vicious rumor that oompa in going to hell and that you can grill steaks down there!!!!.......................oompa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit