How Did You Deal With Weirdo Witnesses?

by minimus 50 Replies latest jw friends

• mouthy
    mouthy

Mouthy, there are some weird exWitnesses too, huh? RAISES HAND> GUILTY!!!

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

yup we had a little old, hunched over sister, not wealthy, spoke a lot, but very sweet - no one wanted to work with her - well non of the snobish brothers and sisters - they were too good for her. A group of us youngers used to get together for street witnessing along the beachfront on wednesday nights. I took this lil sister along with us, it was the best time she used to have, because we'd take her to a pub after street witnessing for a beer.

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

There was a sister in a NH congregation who pretended for years to have a serious disease - may have been MS. She was young and quite attractive, and carried on this facade for many years. It seems even her husband didn't know.

She'd walk around with a cane, have times it went into remission, travel to Europe for special treatments, have the friends cart her around and help take care of her.

It was very strange, and obviously a serious mental issue. How did the bros handle it when it finally all collapsed? DFed her, of course.

S4

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

My mother tried to hook me up with one. He was Canadian (not slamming you guys) and wore red pants, yellow shirts, and blue suspenders to the hall - no lie I've seen the pics. My mother found this man in one of those national rags in the man wants woman section and wanted me to invite him down for the district convention...Omfg! My mother is a weirdo!

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

Jonesy....your mama got ERKLE to come and meet you?.............SWEET!

Hill

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

No no no baby Picture a pasty white guy with full beard about 6'2" with a belly in red pants, a yellow shirt, and red suspenders. He made Erkle look like Denzel Washington.

• bluesbreaker59
    bluesbreaker59

Well unfortunately for me I married into a weirdo witness family. They were completely DIRTY, TRASHY, STINKY people. They lived like pigs. I remember walking into their house, and wanting to throw up. I should've known then that it would never work. Their dogs, would crap on the floor and they'd wait a few days to even pick it up, their dishes would be laying around all over, glasses of milk left laying around, their bathroom was disgusting, clothes all over the place, and of course that awful smell of animals in the house... The wife pioneered, she was a recovering drug addict, who had 3 kids by 3 different men, before she was a witness. She swore, lost her temper constantly, picked fights, and said the dumbest things you've ever heard. The husband was not the father of any of the children. He was a recovering alcoholic, and really just a big, dumb simpleton. He was constantly, hugging people, touching them, and doing whatever the wife told him to do. They would fight constantly, and they were truly embarrassing to be around. They took me in front of the elders, and decided that we had to get married, since we were messing around.

Well of course this behavior played over into my (ex) wife when we got married, and she never picked up after herself. Her parents were constantly calling, and interfering. Truthfully she never had a chance to be normal. We divorced because we didn't love each other, she was cheating, and I couldn't deal with all the idiots anymore.

Then of course there were the weirdo annointed. I knew two of them. Both were women. One barely ever came to meetings, and she divorced her husband, who was still a witness. The other claimed to be annointed late in life, she was a realtor, and truly a pain to be around, she was always "holier than thou".

Then there was my grandma, and she was a weirdo too. She constantly nagged the family, quoting scriptures and watchtower articles to us all the time. She was always telling people about vitamins, and different health cures. She was constantly accusing people of child abuse or sexual abuse. She was the driving force behind my family staying in the Borg. She completely denied 1975 ever happened. She also would still talk about 1914 well after the change occured in 1995 - 1996. She constantly spoke of the 1914 Generation, and how I would never graduate high school, I'd never have a job, never get married, etc. She IS a weirdo, completely obsessed with JEHOOBA.

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

Your mom fixed you up with SANTA?..........Sweet!

(screwing with ya Jonesy)

Your mom is a little twisted eh?

Hill

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Your mom fixed you up with SANTA?..........Sweet!

Lmao! Ya know I thought that too after I read my description

• minimus
    minimus

Anator, that's a good one! Calling the elders because 2 dogs might "fornicate"!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit