How Did You Deal With Weirdo Witnesses?

by minimus 50 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I know that some believe ALL JWs are "weird". But I'm not talking about that.

There are some real weird Witnesses! You know, the ones everyone had in their Hall that everyone talked about or laughed at.

We had one 25 year old man who was pioneering and he used to go out to literally EVERY neighborhood in the city. EVERYONE knew him. If there was a chance of a shower, his 65 year old mother who studied with Witnesses for actually decades, would get him dressed with a big raincoat, umbrella, and rubbers (worn on the feet). Then before he would actually leave the doorway, she would kiss and hug him and plead with him to please be very careful and make sure he wore his hat and had his umbrella ready----just in case.

This episode happened EVERY DAY! In the wintertime it was worse. Needless to say, he was and still is a Witness weirdo.

Did you have certain ones in your congregation that qualified as "Weirdo Witnesses"???

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

How did I deal with 'em? I loved 'em ...they were always interesting and generally more warm hearted and honest than my fellow elders. Like the guy that you mention, they really did it all for the basic honest love of God...From what I see, they are still about . Eccentrics rule OK !

• Satanus
    Satanus

We had a couple. One was always into get rich quick pyramid schemes. 15 yrs ago, he told me that he would be driving a beautiful car, and i would still have an average one. He left the jws, but he's still into the same scams. A few weeks ago, i met him downtown. He told me again how he will soon be driving an expensive car. I said that i hoped it would work for him, as i walked back to my car. He doesn't have a car.

S

• compound complex
    compound complex

Hey Mini,

I tried running away but wherever I went, there I was ...

CoCo Off-Center

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

There was one older couple that seemed a little odd but I never thought too much about it. I wasn't in that congregation long before I left, so I didn't get to know anyone very well. When we started having a BS in my house the service overseer called to ask if we'd mind having this couple in our group. I thought it strange that he'd ask me rather than just assigning them, so I asked why. Apparently no one else wanted them because they stank. I never noticed before, but I have a bad sense of smell anyway. I didn't care, but my ex objected because she had a more sensitive nose than me. The congregation ended up creating a BS at the kingdom hall to accomodate these people who had an aversion to soap and water.

W

• White Dove
    White Dove

Old people's chemistry changes so that no matter how much soap and water some of them may use, it still doesn't work. There is the sweat that is unique to them and also incontenence problems that plague many of them. Also, there is the halitosis that is unique to their age, as well. OK, how about forgetting how to care for themselves due to senility? It's too bad that some of that is what keeps them lonely in their old age.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I knew one pioneer sister who was so zealous, she stopped on a highway and backed up to witness to road construction workers. She was always doing crazy things like that. Other jws made fun of her and always rolled their eyes behind her back, but I liked her. After getting to know her, I realized that she was so zealous, because she really did love God and was desperately fighting sexual urges since she was unmarried and apparently not good enough for any of the "brothers" at our hall. I recently heard that she was df'd for fornication.

• tak
    tak

Call display is a wonderful thing.

• minimus
    minimus

We had an old brother that would verbally fight with householders, telling them they HAD to take his books or magazines. When they resisted, he'd say, Then how would you feel if Jehovah God turned you into a PIG?"----(no word of a lie).

This same guy would extrapolate on his comments about the old Rutherford days and unless interrupted, he would answer for 5 minutes!

He had a thing about blacks and once accused his elder pioneer partner of fathering a "nigger baby" with a docile black sister.

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

One older sister had so many route calls she used her shopping trolley to distribute her mags. After doing this for many years the time came when the elders got together and decided that the unseemly behaviour had to stop. They told her that she was being selfish for hogging so many route calls.

She was devastated but complied.

I really miss this sister - she had her own way of doing things and in her meeting comments usually managed to make uncomfortable points from yesteryear. But she spoke with authority and intelligence and the watchtower conductor would often look embarrassed and quickly move on to somebody else. We'd all have a quiet snigger at her which is a shame because she was genuinely zealous and caring.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit