"Yes, you're an idiot and have no love in your heart!"

by megawatt 28 Replies latest jw experiences

• sspo
    sspo

Ask her how come every piece of literature written since 1870 cannot be used anymore ? Could it be that they are full of crap and false prophecies?

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I find it interesting that she won't look at literature from her own religion. Isn't she supposed to read all of it?

• sacolton
    sacolton

Once you understand that this has absolutely nothing to do with "truth" and everything to do with conformity then you can understand why so many people are victims of this cult. They aren't interested in truth. They wouldn't recognize it if you showed it to them. Heck, they don't even understand what they are taught in the first place. Until they start thinking on their own, you won't make any progress.

• megawatt
    megawatt

Funny thing is, everytime she calls she always starts out by asking if I went to the kingdom hall. As soon as the word NO leaves my mouth, the drama begins. She just repeats the same garbage and avoids any question that would make her think. I try by keeping things off subject, but meh.

She's as hardcore as they come, unfortunately. And honestly, I don't need that near my family or myself. I guess the only positive thing about this mess is that it upsets my wife and with her barely making it to the meetings as is, this kind of behaviour from a devout JW makes her question even more the organization she belongs to. Funny thing now , when the wife comes back from the meetings like this past sunday, she admits how silly and onesided the comments were during the watchtower meeting and how no one even flinches at some of the comments.

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ
    Funny thing is, everytime she calls she always starts out by asking if I went to the kingdom hall. As soon as the word NO leaves my mouth, the drama begins. She just repeats the same garbage and avoids any question that would make her think. I try by keeping things off subject, but meh.

I could say that most of us here know what you are going through. I find it sad but like it has already been said, if they are not ready you can not say any thing to change their minds. The thing I find the most ironic is that they get all upset when people don't respect their belief but when you ask them to respect your decisions they just can't let go and try and guilt trip you every chance they get.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

these kinds of conversations are so frustrating.

don't you want to live forever in pardise?

No, no I don't.

Yes, you do, you just won't admit it.

whatever.

lisa

• Scully
    Scully

Maybe you need to start answering her question the same way she answered yours: "I don't have to answer that!" Of course, you could take an approach like "Mom, last time I checked I'm more than 18 years old, so you you don't need to keep checking up on me. I'm fine, thanks." Another tactic would be to say, "Mom, are we really going to have this conversation again? It's not upbuilding and I know how you only want to talk about upbuilding things. Seriously, neither of us need the aggravation. Can we talk about normal stuff?"

Seriously, she's using the opportunity to (a) count time with you, which is offensive imo, and (b) to give you a verbal JW beat-down which you don't need.

You're an adult, and she needs to respect that and treat you accordingly.

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy
    She just repeats the same garbage and avoids any question that would make her think.

That is the key right there. They are trained to NOT think and get scared when they actually start doing it. So she is reacting defensively. They just blindly accept whatever they are force fed, whether it makes sense or not.

momz

• Quandry
    Quandry

I just read your post. Then I went back to your first post and found some very good advice given to you.

advise you to take your time and do the research. Be patient with your wife; shedding indoctrination can be a painful process. The very best to you and yours.

This is still good advice. Mom will not "see the light" by trying to force her to admit anything about the WTS. Rather, she will be stressed because she loves you but will be moved to defend the WTS with irrational arguments, as I am sure you would have done at one time.

Patience is called for still. The alternative is that you shun your mother over stupid arguments. My mother died a few weeks ago. I can tell you it is better to let mom know each time she starts in with WT stuff that you love her whatever she believes, respect her opinions, and ask that she do the same for you. Then try to redirect the conversation.

When all is said and done, you have a mother who loves you. Yes, have that patience....one day you'll be glad you did.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They will not answer it. They will not attempt to research it. They will not admit that the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger is wrong. Which makes them idiots, for not attempting to learn more about the situation before they force it on others.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit