"Yes, you're an idiot and have no love in your heart!"

by megawatt 28 Replies latest jw experiences

• megawatt
    megawatt

This is what exactly what my mom said to me yesterday. Loving, isn't it? Funny thing is, before we got into our spat about the WTBS, I asked a simply question.

Can you explain to me the change of the term generation?

She couldn't answer it and claimed she didn't have to answer that. After the obligatory barrage of bible verses showing how I'm wrong and how the WTBS is the only organization to do this and that, I repeated the question.

MOM: I don't have to answer that!!!

Me: Ok so what happens when your out in field service, the same question asked of you, you're going to say you don't have to answer that? Not sure if you're going to change hearts that way..

MOM: We're the only organization in jehovah's favor and when have never had any contridicitons. (yes, she did that)

Me: Are you serious about that statment, because you're propagating lies and I'll be more than happy to show with WTBS literature alone confirming the PILE of contradicitons.

MOM: if dosen't build me up. I don't want to see and I don't care.

Me: Well I care, and no longer see this organization as spirit directed. None of this makes sense anymore (not sure if it ever did) and have no desire to partake in lies. I don't understand why you don't want to consider the overwhelming evidence against this organization, at least examine it. If it's the truth, it should prevail and I'll reconsider my stance against the WTBS.

MOM: Because I'm not an idiot and know that I'm part jehovah's organization.

Me : So you're saying I'm idiot?

MOM: Yes, you're idiot and you have no love in heart.

Me: Ok. But you still haven't answered this idiot's question.

This went on for about 5 mins and was interrupted by her saying that she had company. Whatever. It's a lost cause anyways and this will be a subject to deal with everytime she calls. It's such a large part of her life, she doesn't care about anything else. I can't see having anything remotely normal as a mother/son relationship with her now that is out. Do I care? Not really, I don't want my family around this. It's her loss, not mine. It's real tiring trying to keep tabs on her between the name calling and verbal gymnastics coupled with the stupid jw logic, the conversation goes south real quick.

I need a break anyways... :D

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

Yeah, I hear you... If I try to discuss the same with my wife the conversation is pretty similar. So I don't discuss it that often....

Can you try to talk about something else with your mother? She's not gonna accept what you say about the WTS anytime soon...

A@G

• 1914BS
    1914BS

JWs are ssoooooooooooooo braiwashed. Sure, some things they say are from the bible but about 99% of their doctrine is false

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

I can totally relate. I'm so sick of hearing "I just don't understand how you can turn your back & heart away from Jehovah after all he has done for you!" (and what has he done for me? I've been through hell in my life...) & "We don't want you to die at Armageddon, Don't you want to live forever?" Blah..blah...blah...blah..freakin' blah!!

Now we just avoid trying to discuss it. They are hell bent on staying in & I'm hell bent on staying out!!

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Idiots with no love in their hearts UNITE!!!

(We should all get together, have a drink and discuss delusional JW loved ones who forget the love part at times!)

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

The con game that the WTS utilizes to fool people into believing that they are the only sole and divinely guided organization of god on earth was part of

their marketing strategy to promote the sales of their literature ...THE TRUTH

• BFD
    BFD
    Do I care? Not really

Yea, you do. That what sucks the most about the whole thing. You'll get through. Maybe.

At least that's what I keep thinking about my mom. It's just plain fucked up.

BFD

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

oh my goodness, the verbal brutality. You're an idiot and you have no love in your heart. My my my - how could a mother say something like that? My mother would occasionally say destructive things like that. Every abusive comment like that drives a bigger wedge in the relationship and she doesn't realize she could single-handedly destroy your love for her!

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

It does absolutley no good to argue with a Jdubbb. I was one, I know so the best thing to do in my opinion is be kind loving and stay away from their doctrines and teachings it only makes you look to her to be unkind and unloving when you do argue she will have to see these things for herself.

LD

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

Yep cognitive dissonance is a strange thing isn't it?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit