The American Flag, JWs and Me

by Casper 23 Replies latest jw friends

• james_woods
    james_woods

No, I am sure your good sister was practically having the big O of pOwer over getting you to deface something so privately valuable in your life.

Actually, I think that I learned in my pre-witness boy scout days that flags that had worn out past their usefulness should be respectfully disposed of by burning. They should not be made into articles of clothing, etc.

It was mostly just a reasonable conduct of respect that was expected for the use and display of a flag.

Wonder if they think that Betsy Ross will be coming back in the new system? Your flag-chopper might have some choice wisdom to give her as part of her new world training.

• journey-on
    journey-on

Casper,

Even though it is just a "thing", that flag meant something to your personal life and history. JWs are half insane, imo.

My mother played piano, and I remember the day she took all her old religious hymnals and sheet music from her pre-JW

period, many of which had belonged to my grandmother, and threw them in the trash. A piece of her personal history just tossed

in the garbage for some crazy goofy religious nuts. I would love to have some of those hymnals today.

• Casper
    Casper

My mother played piano, and I remember the day she took all her old religious hymnals and sheet music from her pre-JW

period, many of which had belonged to my grandmother, and threw them in the trash. A piece of her personal history just tossed

Journey-on,

That is so sad....

Cas

• james_woods
    james_woods

And, unfortunately - so typical.

The witnesses give lip service to "showing respect to non-witness family" but in reality their actions show them to be extremely jealous of any witnesses relationships with either their relatives or non-witness friends.

It is almost like a selfish 4-year old who gets jealous when a new baby sister comes home from the hospital.

Pathetic.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit