What would you do if you knew...

by loosie 55 Replies latest jw experiences

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

I would leave it alone, unless both of them are close friends, but you say she is not. Getting involved in other people's matters always comes back to bite you on the ass. He may lie his way out of it anyway and then you're the one with egg on your face, made to look bad and everyone hates you. I have seen this happen many times, so for me if i know something and i am not that close to them i tend to stay well clear of other people's business.

Thinking of this i know of a guy who reported his two co-workers to the wife. He ended up having his house and car smashed in and eventually moved out. Think of yourself.

Paul

• Superfine Apostate
    Superfine Apostate

other people's relationships are none of my business. i wouldn't interfere.

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

If it was me...I would want to know. That way I could go on with my life without him!

Most woman have an instinct that something isn't right anyway.

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

Also, because they have different moral standards to yourself doesn't mean that you should interfere. Sounds like a witness reporting a wrongdoing. You don't know the full facts, you don't know if she is guilty of anything, there are kids involved. I would stay well clear, if you wanted to report everyone who has an affair then you're going to be very busy for the rest of your life.

Paul

• dinah
    dinah
    Most woman have an instinct that something isn't right anyway.

You are right on that one, babygirl. Maybe some women just choose to ignore it, hoping it will go away.

• BFD
    BFD

MYOB

BFD

• John Doe
    John Doe

I'm thinking of a quote, can't remember the exact phrasing. Something about "The greatest evil occurs when good men stand by and do nothing." I think that applies here. Having a backbone is not easy or without costs.

• Superfine Apostate
    Superfine Apostate

"The greatest evil occurs when good men stand by and do nothing."

oh my, can't stand that phrase anymore. what else do you want to apply that to? reporting children playing on a lawn they shouldn't step on? badly parked cars? there is no objective good or bad. some things just have to be sorted out by the people involved.

• John Doe
    John Doe
    some things just have to be sorted out by the people involved.

I don't disagree. But if you have knowledge that someone is cheating another person, it is your obligation to bring that out in the open. If the other parties are fine with it, that's there prerogative. Being quiet in the face of serious information is a mark of a weak person, in my honest opinion.

• John Doe
    John Doe
    what else do you want to apply that to? reporting children playing on a lawn they shouldn't step on? badly parked cars? there is no objective good or bad.

False analogy. I could just as easily say "What else do you want to conceal? Terrorist plots to blow up capital buildings? After all, there is no objective good or bad. We just need to let the government and terrorists sort that stuff out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit