Proctor & Gamble...and more

by tan 15 Replies latest jw friends

• fokyc
    fokyc

In the late 50' we had a CO, wife and adopted baby, from Canada, to stay with us in London for the Convention at Twickenham,

his wife was horrified to find we were using Aluminium saucepans, she threw a right 'tizzie'.

We had to buy a couple of SS pans, which at the time we really couldn't afford, I found this very interesting as most Aluminium was coming from Canada.

http://www.seanet.com/~raines/quackery.html

Aluminum hysteria

The Watchtower Society also carried on an irrational and phobic campaign against aluminum cooking ware. This was another "demonic" or Satanically inspired curse on mankind that they tried valiantly to stop. Aluminum in products, especially aluminum cookware was believed by the Society to cause all manner of ailments and disease from athlete's foot to cancer. This campaign was also carried on decades after most known popular aluminum cookware was shown not to be harmful for the general population to cook food in -- at least for the short term. No long term studies were done to my knowledge, but the Watchtrower claimed significant and immediate, negative health consequences of cooking just one meal in aluminum pans, most frequerntly, severe and sometimes deadly "aluminum" (food) poisoning.

fokyc

• tan
    tan

Blondie...you are awesome!!!

• badboy
    badboy

MY LATE MOTHER SAID THAT AT HER EVANEGICAL CHURCH, A WARNING WAS GIVEN THAT ANYHING SAYING SUCH THINGS WOULD BE SLANDERIOUS/SUED BY PROCTOR AND GAMBLE

• Eliveleth
    Eliveleth

I think this kind of thinking took its toll in the 60s. I remember either someone

told us or it was in a WT source, but we were told that they used blood in the

adhesive they used to make plywood. Also there was blood in sugar (some kinds).

I remember that we had been to Disneyland and both my kids bought very large suckers.

When they heard this they both voluntarily threw away their candy. As I recall my son

crushed his so that no one would eat it.

I remember the P&G rumor too. There was (is) a lot of craziness connected to the WT.

About aluminum and flouride, I have done a lot of research on this because I was into

health food and alternative medicine. I do believe that aluminum is poison. If you

Google "aluminum poison" you will find over 332,000 sites regarding this. I am not

a scientist so I have not done personal research on this, but I have heard a lot of negatives

from other sources than the WT regarding this. When my father was in prison because

of the draft in 1942, he got aluminum poisoning because the food was cooked in aluminum pots

and had to take medication to counteract it. This was diagnosed by the prison doctor.

Velta

• Farkel
    Farkel

Elivileth,

:I think this kind of thinking took its toll in the 60s. I remember either someone told us or it was in a WT source, but we were told that they used blood in the adhesive they used to make plywood. Also there was blood in sugar (some kinds).

I remember that we had been to Disneyland and both my kids bought very large suckers. When they heard this they both voluntarily threw away their candy. As I recall my son crushed his so that no one would eat it.

I remember in the 1960's we were told to read the ingredients on dog and cat food, and if there were any blood products in it, not to buy it. I'll have to look it up, but I'm nearly certain this came from the WTS.

What in the hell do they think dogs and cats do in the wild when they kill their prey, anyway? Slit its throat and hang it from a tree to bleed it out before eating it?

Geeeesh! What insanity is contained in that religion.

Farkel

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

When I was a kid, 60's.

We couldnt eat Milky Ways, Mar bars.

Many of the popular candy bars because they had lethicin.

Which they understood back then was derived from blood.

But now you can take blood dirivities.

Go figure, a wasted childhood.

I just talked to an elder the other day at the Home Depot who is on his second kidney translant.

I would think a kidney would be full of blood and if that wasnt enough taking someone elses kidney seems like canibalism.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit