A letter to my parents

by mrsjones5 24 Replies latest social family

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

doesn't all that family crap just make you tired? It's a good thing you are enforcing your boundaries. Good example for your kids, especially. They need to see parents handling crap like that so they learn how.

• Mary
    Mary

Excellent letter Josie.

Delilah is going through the same thing with her mother. She phones up after having a few glasses of wine and starts baggering Dee about coming back to "the Truth" and if she doesn't, she and her family will die at the Big A.

Delilah's put up with it for years, but she finally blasted her mom good and basically told her to knock it off and quit trying to run her life. She told her in no uncertain terms that she will never go back to the Hall and that she didn't believe what they taught. When she made a comment to her mom about 'ya, how long have they been saying that Armageddon is right around the corner mom?' her mom freaked and yelled "Don't even go there!"

When Dee told her about some of the stuff she's found out about "the Truth", her mom's response was: "You've been talking to Mary too much!" LMAO!!

I'm glad you did that letter Josie----some people continue to treat their kids like they're 5 years old, even though they're grown and have families of their own.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Thanks Mary

I send the letter with the package and my parents should have gotten it last Thursday. Haven't heard a peep from them, don't expect to for a while since I put information that goes into how the bOrg is a cult. oops

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

good for you!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Thanks H

I will check on the parental units through my siblings, especially my brother since he lives closest to them. I don't think they will mention the anti-jw stuff to my siblings since neither one of them are jws and are quite aware and negative about the bOrg.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit