I'm Engaged!!!

by bluesbreaker59 21 Replies latest jw friends

• bluesbreaker59
    bluesbreaker59

So late last week, I decided that the time was right, and I asked my girlfried to marry me. I had asked her father earlier in the week for his blessing, which he gave. We had visited my mother (also Df'd) in Georgia prior to that, and mom and her hit it off. So I took her out for dinner at a nice restaurant, where we had our first date, then drove around for a bit, and then asked her to marry me in downtown, near a few lights, and bridges, it was very pretty. She cried a lot, and said yes, and then started calling everyone. Her family was really thrilled and so was my "NORMAL" family. I didn't even bother to tell the Dub family, because I know they just don't care, and I know that by their actions of never speaking to me.

I am seriously toying with the idea of not even sending invites to my Dub family. Its truly a shame that my dad won't speak, I do miss him and I wished he could see how happy my fiancee makes me. Oh well, its truly his loss at this point.

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

Congratulations!!!!!! I'm so happy for you...

Your Wedding is your & your fiance's day. You need to be surrounded by the people that love & support you. Don't feel guilty at all about not inviting certain ones. It will only make you nervous & uptight for them to be there. So, when's the date??

• TinyDancer124
    TinyDancer124

Congratulations!

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

Get ready for the ride of your life!!!

• Casper
    Casper

Wishing you both the best...!!!

Cas

• mind my own
    mind my own

Congratulations on this happy time!!

Your right, it IS their loss!

MMO

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Congratulations to a wonderful and happy life!

I had asked her father earlier in the week for his blessing

Wow, I didn't realise anyone did this anymore. That was pretty special to him I'm sure.

Cheers to You!

hope4others

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Good for you BB!

• Cc81
    Cc81

YAY! Congratulations!!!!!!

• bluesbreaker59
    bluesbreaker59

Yeah, her father and mother really appreciated that, and she also loved the fact that I totally surprised her with it, and got down on one knee. When she turned around from looking at the city lights there I was down on one knee with the ring in my hand.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit