Does anyone else have a problem with conformity?

by milligal 40 Replies latest jw friends

• Farkel
    Farkel

:Does anyone else have a problem with conformity?

Not me. I do whatever-in-the-hell I want, when I want and how I want, as long as that's ok with everyone else.

Farkel

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

abuse is abuse... choking a kid or beatin him until he gets marks will get your ass kicked in my part of the world.

I can swat a kid on the butt at Walmart and no one will turn an eye.

My wife left the 14 yo about 5 miles from the house soon after he arrived. He was f bombing her etc... she drove of and left him standing.

He was walking and some older woman asked him if he needed a ride ... and told him to call home to check with us. I told her the situation. She looked at him and told him maybe he needed to watch his mouth... I heard it all on her phone.

I think you have conformity confused with following leadership and learning to think . VMI. West Point, the Citidel have produced some of the greatest leaders and thinkers the world has known... and every one of those men learned to conform and follow first.

Hill

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

I often think of moving to the woods and living in a cave. Living off the land and whatnot.

• Carlos_Helms
    Carlos_Helms

Please accept a public apology for my unnecessary "rant." Sorry, Milligal.

I usually don't do the tangent thing; but I found one...and I took it! Must have been some kind of mood that day. Usually, I re-read these things before posting and, honestly, that doesn't sound like me.

Now Hortensia, my dear.

"As for the term "californicate," it kind of pisses me off. The reason California is such a huge state is because people from most of the other states want to live here, so they move here in droves. Then they act like California is the same sort of place as the place they came from. But if I said things like "people from Montana don't know how to drive," you'd have my guts for garters. If you don't stereotype me, I won't stereotype you!"

Did you stop to think that maybe the rest of us don't want to experience what California has experienced? As such, the term "californicate." I love to visit my relatives in California, twice per year for about a week...then it's back to God's Country for some peace.

And why would people from Montana need to know how to drive? You don't "drive" a horse.

BTW...any self-respecting Montanan wouldn't get caught dead in a pair of garters!

Peace!
    Carlos

• JK666
    JK666

I have always rebelled at authority.

I had dominating elders that didn't give a crap about my well being. My father was an unbeliever, a lunatic drunk. Therefore I always was a bit sarcastic to superiors, which has hurt me at times. I still do not settle for the status quo.

JK

• White Dove
    White Dove

Oh goodness YES! I'm way too hippie.I can't conform to other's conservative ideas to save my life. I'm bi, love pot, am a goddess in training (witch gonna-be:), don't believe in spanking children, don't believe the Bible has all or even most of the answers, and won't listen to X-ians. That is totally opposite of what others expect of me. SCREW 'EM!!

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

JK ... you are not a non-comformer...youre just special

Hill

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

Milligal... I guess I was a little blunt... but I have seen folks from NYC and Philly melt down in pretty civilized places... like Michigan. Most of you folks need a few weeks buffer before you get to say, Georgia, Oklahoma, Alabama.....

Hill

• White Dove
    White Dove

Ippy,

You sound like my dad. Hermit wannabe:)

• 83501nwahs
    83501nwahs

I'm going to shake it up no matter where I am. I am philosophically opposed to conservative thinking so if I lived in the south I would be in your face 27/7. I'm here to be heard, not to coddle old world thinking or "comfort zone" people. I don't respect comfort zone dwellers. They're the ones who keep clinging to the old ways and refuse to evolve.

Fortunately I live in CA. I do have a hard time conforming to any norm. In fact I would say I am hyper sensitive to anyone trying to tell me what to do. As for taboos, I am here to destroy them. That is why I am for gay marriage, legalizing marijuana (incidentally, thank you Humbolt County for years of botanical support) and against a slew of other mindless dark ages laws.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit