Do you feel smarter than the dubs still inside?

by Samuel Thorsen 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Eh
    Eh

The mental gymnastics that I had to go through when I was a JW to reconcile their teachings with the world around me was incredible. As I got older, my mind couldn't keep up. I think that's why I'm out. So no, I don't think I'm smarter. Not smarter than them now and not smarter than me when I was in.

I mean really, how much smarts does it take to figure out and know things that actually ARE. The post-JW world is too consistent, too logical, too easy. I'm getting dumber by the second.

:P

• John Doe
    John Doe

Being the smartest man in the world, I naturally feel smarter than any other groups.

• Save My Soul
    Save My Soul

An elder came to visit with a young man that was tall, good-looking and articulate. He would probably have been very popular at the local HS. He could NOT understand why I was SHOCKED that he was not in the public school system...playing sports!!!

I told them that I was a pioneer in 11th grade, if I could do it again, I would have been more active in the school.

I feel most parents are smarter than the dubs because they expose them to sports and social activities with REGULAR fornicators and sinners.

I wonder how a J-dub with 20 plus years can accept the recycled info. I am forced to question their intelligence and reasoning ability.

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

Not smarter. More AWARE. I think most dubs, if they are anything like I was, intentionally shut off a large field of their mental 'vision' and only choose to 'see' what's inside that limited field of view.

What I have found is that it is only once you expand your worldview that you become aware of just how blinkered your view was in the past. That liberation is empowering and frightening at the same time. I now view most dubs as deluded, albeit a delusion that they seem to enjoy.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I feel smarter in some ways, more stupid in others. I've learned a lot over the years, but that knowledge hasn't necessarily translated into happiness. Maybe ignorance is bliss after all. Some of the most stupid people I've ever known were also the happiest.

W

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit