Do you feel smarter than the dubs still inside?

by Samuel Thorsen 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Samuel Thorsen
    Samuel Thorsen

I do

Am I wrong?

• Eyes Open
    Eyes Open

It's not about smartness; it's about bias and open-mindedness. I feel more free than the dubs still inside.

• Mariusuk.
    Mariusuk.

It is smart to leave a cult

I left

They haven't

Therefore I am smarter

Pretty simple when you look at it

• hamilcarr
    hamilcarr
    Am I wrong?

Think of Rolf Furuli

• Casper
    Casper

I don't feel smarter, I just happened to take the blinders off....

I do feel I have more "Street Smarts" since I was not raised as a witnesses tho...

Cas

• White Dove
    White Dove

I wouldn't say that I'm smarter than the others. I would say that I'm empowered and able to use more efficiently through practice the same thing they all have: A BRAIN CAPABLE OF LOGICAL REASONING. They are wasting theirs.

I would say, however, that I feel wiser than they are. I'm not dependent on others telling me what to think and what to do if this or that happens. I have to figure out my life myself on my terms. I get to learn from my mistakes and they don't so much.

• Awakened07
    Awakened07

I'm not smarter (well, not overall anyway), but better informed, and free to actually get informed.

• milligal
    milligal

I'm with you-I feel smarter.

The reason?

When my younger brother committed suicide after being df'd for demonism I took his story to three psychologists (at the Phd level) and found out he was most likely schizophrenic. My JW siblings threw out all his belongings. Later my other two brothers suffered schizophrenic like episodes...what did my JW parents do? Took one to a chirpractor and the other to Bethel to seek counsel from the brothers....stupid! And one person has died because of it. I am remiss to make excuses for that type of ignorant behavior.

• Bring_the_Light
    Bring_the_Light

I feel smarter than EVERYBODY, dubs being a subset of everybody, so yes.

• LearningMore
    LearningMore

Yep. Because I've gone to college, and none of my witness school friends did. I don't think college inherently makes one smarter, but it certainly encourages you to look more critically at issues. And, for me at least, it did make me smarter than I was. I definitely feel more well rounded.

Also, I'm think I have more street smarts like Casper said (although I was a "born in"). When you are afraid to do so much as a witness (i.e., brothers giving the example of the young woman who wanted to see what having a drink in a bar was like only to be drugged and assaulted), it really closes you off from reality. Obviously!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit