"I see you are still alive"

by Honesty 17 Replies latest jw friends

• caliber
    caliber

Can the Watchtower Society begin to match what I have received from Jesus since I left the JW's?"

Good dialog, it's always good to reason and use questions that make them Think ! You're not beaten

down or in a hopeless state as we were taught to believe.

I thought a good answer to" I see you're still alive ?" Actually I'm not just alive, now I'm REALLY alive ,

life and freedom are a real blessing , I'd encourage you to try sometime !

Caliber

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

What a stupid thing to say to anyone that you may not have seen in quite a while! What is wrong with a simple "hi---how ya DOIN?" instead of something as asinine as that!

I only hope that I can do and say half of what you managed to say if a JW decides that I am "worthy" of having any conversation with. You handled that very well.

hugs,

Annie

• White Dove
    White Dove

Wow! Good job! I love it when they run

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Honestly, Honesty, your answer was so... honest. Me, I tend to be sarcastic...

The driver walked over and said, "I see you are still alive."

Billy: You mean that you can see me? Didn't you hear, I passed away two years ago in a terrible fire. You can see dead people. Please tell everyone I love them. But do it very quickly, you'll be joining us soon, very soon.

*Or*

Billy: Yes, and I see that you are somewhat alive.

*Or*

Billy: Yes, I'm doing great. Say, it looks like you've put on weight since the accident.
    Dub Dude: Accident? I wasn't in an accident, and I haven't gained weight.
    Billy: Oh, I'd forgotten. I guess you have always looked like that. Don't worry, it's what's on the inside that counts.

B the X

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

"I see you are still alive."
    "No, I died six months ago - I think you ought to talk to the elders about seeing ghosts."

"Do I know you?"

"yes, and I'll still be alive when you have been bird food for a thousand years."

"Hmmmm, sharp, very sharp."

"Drunk again huh?"

"and your point is?"

"Witty, really witty."

"Nice to see you again, Einstein."

"Not just alive. Unlike you, I have a life!"

I'm not good at witty repartee, but I think the smartass JW deserved a little aikido of the mind.

• winnower
    winnower

Good for you Honesty! I am so glad to know you feel that way. Powerful words. I think you just "cast out" your first demon. Demons tremble at the mention of Jesus. See? It's true. (Sometimes demons do not leave the bodies they inhabit; but they will certainly run from you.) W

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I wonder if they ever think that, the more freedom they give people, the more of them are going to want to stay.

• RollerDave
    RollerDave

That brought a very large smile to my face.

Awesome!

He knew, somewhere down deep, that you were RIGHT!

good on ya!

RD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit