"I see you are still alive"

by Honesty 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Honesty
    Honesty

I went to the local Post Office today.

A car pulled up with 2 men and a young woman inside.

I smiled and said, "Hi." The man who was driving waved, backed out of the parking space and moved 3 spaces down towards the next business in the strip mall.

The driver walked over and said, "I see you are still alive."

I said, "Yes, God has kept me alive for the last 3 years. (Thinking to myself - My God is stronger than your god).

The driver asked, "When are you going to come back to the kingdom hall?"

I said, "When the Watchtower Society allows me to openly pray to and worship Jesus in front of the congregation."

The driver said, "But, we pray ONLY to Jehovah."

I said, "Stephen prayed to Jesus, Paul prayed to Jesus and I pray to Jesus."

The driver said, "So you think Jesus and Jehovah are the same person."

I said, "No, they are 2 different people.

The Watchtower Society tells you that's what I believe just like they tell you C.T. Russell 'revived' the truth in the 1870's even though the Faithful Slave has been feeding Jesus' sheep for 20 centuries."

The driver said, "I would have to get into a spiritual discussion to respond and I can't do that with you (He's thinking - Boy did you ever go APOSTATE).

I said, "One night I realised that my sins separated me from God. I went to Jesus in prayer and immediately was filled with the Holy Spirit. He teaches me all truths, guides my path even though I know not where the next step will take me, He disciplines me although I don't like it sometimes and He comforts my spirit and gives me abundant life and immense joy.

Can the Watchtower Society begin to match what I have received from Jesus since I left the JW's?"

The driver ran to his car, jumped in and drove out of the parking lot.

He and I used to serve on the same 'Body' together.

I prayed all the way home (10 miles) that God will open his mind and eyes to who he is involved with.

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More
    Wow, you gave him a good witness! (don't know why this is bold)
  • SirNose586
    SirNose586

Haha, did he even take care of his business at the post office?? You must've scared him silly!

• Ruth Eeker
    Ruth Eeker

GOOD FOR YOU! Awesome job!!!!

I Love that he ran away....CHICKEN $hit!
    LOL

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I am so impressed. I could never think that fast. Good job, I say that even though I don't pray to anyone.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Ditto......

I am so impressed. I could never think that fast. Good job, I say that even though I don't pray to anyone.

• Lady Zombie
    Lady Zombie

Bullies always run when confronted.

Plus, he spoke to you first and technically he's the one who started the spiritual discussion first by asking you when you're planning on coming back into the org.. Still alive.....what the hell did he expect?! Jehovah to have struck you down the minute you left the org?!

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Lets say that 3 times for emphasis....Way to go,I'm proud of ya!

hope4others

• Quandry
    Quandry

The driver walked over and said, "I see you are still alive."

He probably expected to see a broken person, barely clinging to life after having turned to alchohol, drugs, and such.

Evidently you ruined his day by being O.K. and daring to state that you had a relationship with God and Christ.

• Bring_the_Light
    Bring_the_Light

Chyah! Acting like a Jesus freak isn't nearly as fun as acting like a Child of Satan. :) They won't have any color in their skin as they run from me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit