Hello.

by wanderlustguy 25 Replies latest jw friends

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Structural dissociation is not indiscriminate, but follows along the lines of the innate emotional systems, as described above (Panksepp, 1998). The "emotional personality" (EP) is directed by the defensive emotional (sub)systems in particular, and is characterized by fixation in the trauma, hypermnesia, somatosensory experiences of the trauma, retraction of the field of consciousness to the trauma and related stimuli, and disorientation to the present time.

The "apparently normal" personality ( ANP ) is directed by emotional systems related to daily life, including attachment. The primary function of the ANP is to adequately function in daily life, which would not be possible if unintegrated trauma was intruding.

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

Tae kwon do, my cat, my bf, getting a degree. Lots of things.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Either way...what do you think of when you need something to look forward to in order to get up every day?

My answer is you have to have goals and purpose.

Hobbies are nice. I play music, so I look forward to the next show.

Also I go to the gym and work out, and I try to make progress there.

Actually my life is so out of controll or not controlled by me that sometimes getting to the gym is the only thing I can control.

I listen to music on my I-pod at the gym and then I make list of songs I want to learn and record. I learn new songs to play with my band.

And then I have written about 100 songs when I was in my younger years and I think of ways, arrangements, instruments to use, to record them.

But most of the time I have to get up, go to them gym, eat, and go back to work so I can keep the AC on and keep my wife off my back.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Hiya, Sweets!

It's growing pains. Seriously. I'm sure of it. All of us here have a lot to get through and heal.

I always love seeing you post. I hope you are doing well despite the growing pains. Hell... it took me 20 freakin' years to get out of the denial stage... 20 years to get angry~ I'm thinkin' the next stages might move along a little quicker... what do you think?

*wink*
    Love to you,
    Baba.

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

Thank you all, everybody. I made 2 pages...wow. I can barely see to type, as is my norm whenever I really need you guys and you are here...gut spilling soon to follow. I'm ok. I'm in a neat home with a fire going (yea...it's June and 32 degrees, tomorrow 90's with no humidity). Just had to check back in, glad I did. Later! WLG

• mouthy
    mouthy

WLG((((HUG))) Its a new day..... Have a good one

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit