What To Think Of Mr. Scott McClellan?

by Rapunzel 50 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Confession
    Confession
    Quoting people from before then, and implying that they those quotes supported the war is disingenuous.

I've twice made the point (and I'll make it again) that I'm not suggesting the quotes I pasted should validate the war. Nor am I suggesting that all present enemies of Bush "supported the war." I have made, instead, these points...

1) They believed Iraq had WMDs. If quotes post-1998 are more effective at making this point, we certainly have those too, don't we? I don't think I need to paste them, but they come from Madeline Albright, Democratic Senators Bob Graham, Carl Levin, Robert Byrd, Edward Kennedy, John Kerry, Hillary Clinton, Jay Rockefeller, Henry Waxman... They all indicate they believed Saddam had WMDs--post 1998.

2) They believed that Iraq had a history of providing aid and refuge for terrorists.

3) They believed that Saddam posed a great threat to the U.S. and its allies.

4) They believed that the U.S. had a responsibility to intervene in Iraq because of Saddam's persecution of his own people.

5) They wanted to spread freedom and democracy in Iraq despite the challenges posed by its existing culture or sectarian makeup.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit