What To Think Of Mr. Scott McClellan?

by Rapunzel 50 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Did McClellan actually even write the book?

This is the publisher.

http://www.publicaffairsbooks.com/

It's a George Soros funded hitjob. I am sure Mclellan got very well compensated.

BTS

• lrkr
    lrkr

I'm sure he was motivated by money. But maybe by a need for a little confession and cleansing also. McClellan always struck me as someone who was very nervous and uncomfortable spouting the BS he had to spout. He often looked visibly shaken and sweaty. Maybe he actually has a conscience. His successor Tony Snow had no such problems. Give him the script and the talking points and he could go for hours. Right and wrong were completely irrelevant to him. I think he stepped aside because of health.

• Rapunzel
    Rapunzel

Hi, BTS - Are you suggesting that McClellan may have used the services of a "ghost writer"? That is the correct term, is it not?

In regard to your statement that McClellan received a significant monetary sum for his efforts, I would have to agree totally. A person usually does not publish a book in the hope of losing money, right? There is always something [often, much] to be gained from publishing a book. I can forsee a very lucrative career on the lecture circuit for McClellan. If a person can get on it, the lecture circiut pays extremely well - renumerations amounting to thousands, and even tens of thouands of U.S. dollars are not unheard of. And all for an hour-long talk. I imagine that there will also be an endowed university post or a job at a "think tank."

But as for this being one of Soros' "hit jobs"...I don't know. The political arena is such a snake pit.

• james_woods
    james_woods

What I heard last was that McClellan actually did write it for the most part. However, there was at least one extensive re-editing job done on it. With each editing, it became more bitterly anti-administration.

What I still don't understand is how in the world this seemed like correct timing to debut this kind of a book - about all it is doing is to pull publicity away from the Hillary vs. Obama struggle.

Certainly not going to matter a hill of beans to Bush - that train has already left the station.

To hurt McCain? That would be a reach for this to be in any way pertinent, IMHO.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    But as for this being one of Soros' "hit jobs"...I don't know

Welll.

I do recall that McClellan is from a Democrat family in Texas. His Daddy worked for Lyndon Johnson's own law firm.

A mole? A plant?

BTS

• minimus
    minimus

I'm glad he ain't my best friend.

• james_woods
    james_woods

On the other hand, Minimus, I think he treated Bush probably better than my JW ex-best-friends treated me.

And they didn't even get any of Soros' money for their little hatchet jobs.

• Gregor
    Gregor

I think he is a lying worm. It seems that any lies or twisted facts about Bush are automatically considered gospel by most posters here. But, as someone pointed out above, it is a moot point.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

What specifically in this book do you think is a lie, Gregor?

• jwblog
    jwblog

Hi jwblog - You should please re-read my original post, in which I make it clear [or, at least, I think that I make it clear] that I agree with McClellan's statements. I don't question McClellan in terms of factuality. From a factual perspective, he is correct. But in this sense, McClellan is saying absolutely nothing new. In my opinion, the Bush administation, and its policies are a horrendous perversion - an obscene and hateful travesty of law and common decency. I wonder if I can make myself any more clear.

I suppose that where my suspicions lie are in respect to McClellan's motivations and his timing. If more people of power and influence had only spoken out sooner, and had halted Bush's policies, the lives of countless people perhaps - perhaps - could have been saved. It just seems strange to me that McClellan should speak out only now, as opposed to earlier. It seems strange to me that McClellan has waited untl now - when Bush's "lame duck" presidency is almost at its end - to speak out, whereas his speaking out earlier could have saved so much money and so much human life.

As free moral agents, people choose not only if they have the will to speak out and fight injustice, they also choose when to do so. In other words, they choose both to act, and when to act. Speaking out valiantly against evil and tyranny after the fact, when the damage has already been done, is of precious little value (or, for that matter, valor). What's the old expression? It's like closing the barn door after the horse has already escaped.The sad truth about Iraq is...never mind...forget it.

Hello as well :) You may refer to me as Estephan or Steve if you like.

Motivation could also be referred to as inspiration. The agitation of the sea, the rising of one power after another in time of war and crisis. One unlawful act creates anger and causes another nation to excercise its power and strength. The Almighty God inspires and puts His will into the hearts of many people throughout the land in order to bring Peace and Security under the reign of Jesus Christ to His loved ones. All of creation are the "loved" ones of the Almighty. It is written that He will put it into their hearts in order to make the Harlot devastated and naked. Naked meaning exposed. Your words truly touched my heart as I can sense your strong character behind them.......

15 And he says to me: "The waters that you saw, where the harlot is sitting, mean peoples and crowds and nations and tongues. 16 And the ten horns that you saw, and the wild beast, these will hate the harlot and will make her devastated and naked, and will eat up her fleshy parts and will completely burn her with fire. 17 For God put [it] into their hearts to carry out his thought, even to carry out [their] one thought by giving their kingdom to the wild beast, until the words of God will have been accomplished. 18 And the woman whom you saw means the great city that has a kingdom over the kings of the earth

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit