What do you think about small children commenting in the meetings?

by asilentone 45 Replies latest jw friends

• Casper
    Casper

JK666,

Goodness, that was hard to read.... I'm so sorry you were treated like that, all over a bunch of BS...

Cas

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Brainwashing starts really early with JW parents.

My sisters husband use to spank their infant children to either behave at a meeting or in home and at the Kingdom hall. I feel if a child wants to express themselves then let them, because children can say some amazing things about mom and dad and people at the kingodm hall. It reminds me of Jesus' word, "Out of the mouths of Babes." Heaven knows what will come out of their innocent minds.

My other sister who lives in Ottawa was a beast of a parent as was her husband. They browbeated the so called truth into her kids and let me tell those kids resented it very much. She was a beater on her kids. I hated it and told her so. I often wished I call the Childrens aids society. When her son was 16 he moved out of the home as my sister and her husband treated their children like soldiers. They literally were slaves. I think my sister was pretty crappy as a parent. I know that is why her son left as soon as possible . Their girl was a slow learner and was more dependant with her parents and was eager to please. But these kids were like robots and I am not kidding when I said she made them out to be her personal slave. I could write a book about it. Its was sad.

My other sister she taught her kids early and beat them many times into obedience and I know that was really wrong. She made the kids to start early to give answers in meeting.

My son seldom answered but when he did he gave answers that were in his heart. I never ever browbeated my son into the so called organzation. I was happy when he stood up and said I am not going to be a Jehovah's witnesses, they are all a bunch of hypocrites. He realized that by age 13 or 14 and becasue I didn't want to go to the meetings because I couldn't stand the meetings I never allowed him to be pushed to the meetings or bribed him like my husband did. If you go to the kingdom hall then we will get a treat after the meeting or I will take you to a resturant or even money. I was sick of the tactics my ex used to co erce his son to attend and answer at meetings.

It is dispicable on the part of parents who beat their kids in to submission and make threats if they don't answer at the meetings.

Orangefatcat

• greenhornet
    greenhornet

When I was 10 years old or so, I was required to comment at the Watchtower study.

When my parents found out I was silent I was punished!

• boyzone
    boyzone

You know, all this isn't about training kids "in the way of the truth" at all. Its about parents massaging their egos's in the eyes of the congregation.

Its so that dad can be seen to be presiding over his household in a fine manner to get privileges, and mum can be seen as a submissive supporting act to dad.

Its all just a big act - with the self-esteem of the kids as the price.

I know. I WAS that parent.

• Sgt Pepper
    Sgt Pepper

Kids answers aren't really any worse than most adults. Answers are normally read straight from the study article. In fact why bother with answers at all?

• Honesty
    Honesty

Most JW's had their minds screwed with when they were children.

They are just repeating history so the legacy will continue with no interruptions.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo
    Ridiculously stupid and moronic to do that to innocent children, fu...en parents should be shot.

parents encourage children to do things they dont necessarily want to do in all aspects of life..they do it because they believe it will be for their benefit ...or because they get some pride in it.

thus children become athletes, musicians, politicians, dentists, etc etc etc almost always because it was the parents choice initially.

seldom if ever does such encouragement demand the shooting of such parents

• reniaa
    reniaa

I don't think this is a biggy and It certainly makes them different from most other christian religions were the kids are either in sunday school being indoctrinated or made to just sit in complete silence, I have always liked that the children are allowed to answer,

I don't think whether they answered or not changed how they were bought up with a view to how much they were indoctrined into JW faith, although those that got talks too young and felt the pressure have a good point, I would stop my son doing heavier talks till they were a lot older and into double figures.

I disagree with some on here I think children can reason quite well in cetain circumstances I would be one of the mothers that say answer for yourself when you want too but not at my say so.

Reniaa

• carla
    carla

I'm sure the children are full of enlightening comments during the sex & marriage talks

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Elder: "Yes little Johnny down the back row there..." 6 year old Johnny gets the mike: "Jehovah.......hates ORAL SEX."

Elder: "Yes thank you Johnny, that's right.....very encouraging to here your comment."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit