What do you think about small children commenting in the meetings?

by asilentone 45 Replies latest jw friends

• asilentone
  • SirNose586
    SirNose586

I think it's the saddest thing ever...and furthermore, the next comments are taken seriously....

"Yes, as little ______ was saying, we really do need to be serving Jehovah in our lives."

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

Trite, coached, one word answers that are barely intelligible. Brainwashing from infancy.

• dinah
    dinah

They think it is sooo precious that a child "understands" that we have to give our lives to Jehovah the Borg.

A little kids makes a comment, the speaker makes a big deal to make the kid feel accepted, the whole congregation smiles.

• yknot
    yknot

Now now....When I was a child I always liked to be picked to read or make a comment. Yea it was drivel most of the time but it did bolster my self esteem quite a bit. My kiddie TMS did wonders in preparing me to ace debate class and win big in UIL extemporaneous.

Put yourself in the child position, most KHs down play their value, they have to sit forever.....raising their hands and speaking into the mic is probably the only highlight they have at meetings.

• dinah
    dinah

yknot,

that is the crux of the problem.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Ridiculously stupid and moronic to do that to innocent children, fu...en parents should be shot.

• dinah
    dinah

It's just indoctrination.

• oompa
    oompa

It was usually cute and got a chuckle if it was......I felt bad when they froze. Best of all was the one nut kid that would run on and on and say really inappropriate stuff! I still love that kid.............man he had a big head..................oompa

• babygirl75
    babygirl75
    It was usually cute and got a chuckle

yeah..most of the time it was cute. Especially when they grabbed the mike & screamed into it. Hey..it added some excitement to the boring meeting!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit