Need Your Opinions on a Strange Private Mail I Received - Give Me Your Take

by flipper 36 Replies latest jw friends

• hotchocolate
    hotchocolate

Not long after I started posting I received a PM that totally freaked me out.

It started out saying basically "I know who you are.." I thought it was some nutcase until I kept reading and realised this person actually DID know who I was. Eeeek! Luckily it was a fellow dub who is in a similar situation to me, so it was all good.

It just goes to show the extent of the JWD membership is probably far more than we realise. :-)

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

HC...

I've been wondering where you were......So everthings ok? That would freak me out too!!

cbb

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I have received 2 pm's from someone who has never posted before and still hasn't. He was commenting on a comment I had made on a thread. I am not suspicious, because I think some people may just want a one to one contact before putting themselves out there to everyone.

• flipper
    flipper

HAL 9000- Interesting takes you have. It could be like you said : Someone was trying to plant this rumor about Jaracz- and use me as a vehicle to spread it. There are some squirmy , slippery people out there.

JGNAT- So this person sent 3 other PM's to other people ? Care to share ? Or at least PM me about it ?

HOT CHOCOLATE- There probably are more people than we know on this board. That would makeme nervous too if someone PMed me saying they " know me ". Sounds like it worked out O.K. for you though.

CRAZYBLONDEB- Freaky stuff we go through ! LOL!

JAMIE BOWERS- Maybe people do try to contact people through PM first just to test the waters- then later they get more confidence and start posting publicly

• dinah
    dinah

I've gotten some strange pm's, but nothing like that. Usually they are from people trying to save my soul.

• babygirl75
    babygirl75
    Usually they are from people trying to save my soul.

Dinah, they think they can save you??? nah...you're too far gone!!! LOL...

• flipper
    flipper

DINAH- You mean they haven't saved your soul yet sis ?? LOL! You've got a good enough soul- don't sweat it.

BABYGIRL 75- Yep. Even Dinah can be saved. All of us can if we keep avoiding the crazy witnesses ! LOL! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• dinah
    dinah

Come to think of it, I have gotta pm's a long time ago from people who were afraid to post. Can't remember who they were.

You can tell when someone is reaching out for help, or when they are yanking your chain.

I had one a couple of months ago who was yanking my chain. They tried to make it sound like they knew me. I think it was just someone yanking my chain. I ignored it.

• flipper
    flipper

DINAH- Yeah, I think you're right- some people PM us I really believe just to yank your chain or annoy us. Some out there like playing clandestine hiding games . But as you say - you can tell the difference when someone really wants our help - then I'm happy to give it

• dinah
    dinah

Me too, Flipper. I think that's why trolls get me so mad.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit