Need Your Opinions on a Strange Private Mail I Received - Give Me Your Take

by flipper 36 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

So- 2 weeks ago I got this private mail from a poster who had NEVER posted on the JWD board before . Which seemed strange to me in , and of itself - what would cause this person to PM me ? Anyway a poster named OAK sent me this message : Under the title : " Did You Know ?"

" Did you know a woman accused Ted Jaracz of being a pedophile ? " And that's all that was said ! So- this is how I carefully replied :

" Oak. Mr. Flipper here . I had heard a rumor about that. Where did you hear of this ? What are your sources ? What's your story ? Welcome to the board , Peace out, Mr. Flipper "

Have any of you received strange PM's like this before - and once you PM them back they never respond ? Or- Have any of you received a PM as a first post of a new poster - wondering who the hell it is ? Is it just a hit and run lurking witness ; or what is your opinion or take on this ? I really don't know what to think . That's why I'm putting it out to my JWD friends who might help me decipher this situation ! I look forward to your comments , as always ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• flipper
    flipper

Oh ! An addendum I might add- this poster has not come on and posted at all since that initial post ! ??? Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• asilentone
    asilentone

maybe he died of heart attack

• flipper
    flipper

ASILENTSTONE- Perhaps he or she did keel over from a heart attack ! Or get struck by lightning for ratting out Ted. It's just so bizarre

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

I have had the odd PM from someone that has never posted, but usually those are the ones that the mods remove as spam and a bunch of people got them too. I know others that get them, and if the person has no posts, they just don't respond. It's amazing how many people are registered here on JWD that never post.

BB

• asilentone
    asilentone

Flipper, you have PM

• Casper
    Casper

That's really weird Mr. Flipper...

I haven't gotten anything like that from someone who hadn't posted...

but, I did receive one from a poster that "Had" posted. I got 2 in fact.

The first one just said "Spies", the second one said "Spies" and then, Dear Casper...

a mod. took care of it I assume....as I reported it.

Kinda freaked me out. That's when I took my picture down from my avatar and took my state off of profile.

Cas

edited to add : that person hasn't posted since, that I know of...

• BreakingAway
    BreakingAway

It certainly is odd.I personally haven't received any PM's like that.Maybe they're moving from person to person until they get the info they want ? You'd think they'd follow up though or just make a thread on the subject so others can volunteer a response.You also never know if it's a JW undercover who's searching for a specific person.Weird.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Flipper - I don't see a poster listed as "Oak" in the member directory. Can you confirm his posting name?

Jeff

• flipper
    flipper

BUMBLE BEE- I have received those PM's you mention as well- the ones that are usually spam sent to many people. But I believe this was just sent to me . It is amazing how many people are registered- but never post !

A SILENTONE- I PMed you back .

CASPER- Yes. There are some odd ducks who might post on the board that are lurking to cause trouble. I bet you were scared getting those strange E-mails as well. I'm glad you took down your state and picture off of your avatar. Smart lady !

BREAKING AWAY- It might be an undercover JW - I don't know. You would think they would have responded to my PM back to them though. Perhaps they are looking for a specific person- me perhaps ? LOL!

AK- JEFF- I noticed that " Oak " isn't in the directory either. But I think the mods only list someone if they make a public post on the forum - I guess. ( Help me mods here. ) This person only PMed me privately- and then ; did not open up my PM back to them ! Very strange ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit