England 2 USA 0

by digderidoo 36 Replies latest jw friends

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

Well i said i wouldn't watch the game but i changed my mind.

Ok it was only a friendly, but i have come here to gloat our victory. USA were poor.

I was impressed with the England fans not booing the American national anthem, sung beautifully by Kelly Rowland. A bit different to the Ricky Hatton fight in Vegas. Our fans are renowned for booing the oppositions anthem.

Anyway for now we have proved our superiority over the US football team.

GOD SAVE THE QUEEN ... Paul

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

As they stood side by side,

all hearts filled with pride,

England is what they cried,

...The reason why our forefathers fell,

was to teach the things we need to tell,

so live your life with English pride this way,

and celebrate this win today!!!

God Save the Queen!

Paul

• Peppermint
    Peppermint

I hate watching friendly matches, they never have the passion of the real thing , and thought the stadium sounded empty considering there were 70'000 there. USA weren't very good really, but they were awkward to play against. Fair result in the end.

• Zico
    Zico

I wonder if anyone in the USA actually cares...

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

First I heard of it.

BTS

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

I work with a sports freak and he didn't even watch that game, probably why we lost, no one in America cares, it was probably our special team

• Zico
    Zico

I wonder if anyone in England actually cares...

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

Yep, U.S.A. were dull, mostly MLS players as far as I could see. BUT, England could only pop in 2 goals !?

For all the ball speed that Beckham, Lampard, Rooney and Cole showed, I think they showed their inability to finish chances is what prevented them from making the Euros this year.

The last few years have shown the gap between English football and most of Europe. The big clubs are full of non English players. That is not good for youth development methinks.

• Peppermint
    Peppermint

"For all the ball speed that Beckham, Lampard, Rooney and Cole showed, I think they showed their inability to finish chances is what prevented them from making the Euros this year. "

Rubbish - Turmoil in the camp and bad leadership was what prevented England making the Euros. Had the new man at the top been in for that campaign then we would have walked the group. We did miss chances but we created them, its the way England play, its a high tempo game that will incur some inaccuracies.

Really, Did you watch the Champions league final? The biggest club match in the world. 11 English players in that game I think.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

So are you going to get drunk and have a riot even though you won..............BRITAIN RULES HAVE A PINT LUVLET'S BURN SUME CARS!!!!!!!!!! YEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! LETS TRASH LONDON....ERE WE GO, ERE WE GO, ER WE GO,.....MANCHESTER UNNNITED!!!!!!!

Sorry I got carried away.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit