After a phone call it's official...I AM AN APOSTATE!!!

by sparrow 30 Replies latest watchtower bible

• JCanon
    JCanon

YOU GOOD FOR NOTHING APOSTATE!!!!

You can be Apostate #1 for a day, then I take my title back!!!! Ha, ha!!!

Congratulations!!!

I think all my posting and being careless about my identity on the karaoke boards got me spotted too. I've had some local hints from my parents who are active that there have been inquiries.

What's funny in my situation is that some of the brothers don't really know I'm disfellowshipped or don't know you're not supposed to talk to someone disfellowshipped. Most disfellowshipped people skulk around and are supposed to tell you they are out of the truth and are not to be talked to. But I figure as long as I'm not discussing any Bible issues I disagree with, it doesn't bother me to smile and say hello. In fact, that used to be the policy: You can say hello and show common courtesy, then the WTS changed that. So the elders are kind of upset that if the brothers say hello to me, which many do, that I say high back and am friendly. Thus I'm not that "cooperative" in that regard.

ENJOY your apostasy!!!!

JC

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

I think we need some sort of merit badge system.

* Being called an Apostate
    * Missing all meetings for a month
    * Judicial Committee
    * DF
    * DA
    * Skipping the Memorial
    * Skipping the Convention
    * Getting a relative to wake up
    * Celebrating a birthday

etc.

• tfjw
    tfjw

Welcome to the club.

I like the badge system.

• whitman
    whitman

I am a little unclear about the current witness view on disfellowshipping and apostate-ing. I have recently been in touch with people I knew growing up in the church and it appears that things have changed a little since my day. So I have a couple of questions.

1 - Is it true that the witnesses no longer disfellowship? If so, what is the reasoning behind this?

2 - When one is deemed an apostate is there a public statement made in the various congregations with which the apostate may have been associated with? If not, how do they know who is officially apostate?

3 - If a person has left the church and has had no religious connection to the church for many many years, can that person still be made an apostate if they speak openly against the church?

4 - What are the actual rules about how an apostate person should be treated? Can family still speak to them if it is not about scriptual isses? Are witnesses in general able to speak to an apostate if it is not about scriptural issues?

Look forward to the update.

Cheers

• tfjw
    tfjw

1 - Is it true that the witnesses no longer disfellowship? If so, what is the reasoning behind this?

2 - When one is deemed an apostate is there a public statement made in the various congregations with which the apostate may have been associated with? If not, how do they know who is officially apostate?

3 - If a person has left the church and has had no religious connection to the church for many many years, can that person still be made an apostate if they speak openly against the church?

4 - What are the actual rules about how an apostate person should be treated? Can family still speak to them if it is not about scriptual isses? Are witnesses in general able to speak to an apostate if it is not about scriptural issues?

1. There were some "slight" changes in the way inactive publishers were treated several years ago, but the disfellowshipping practice continues and probably will until there's no longer a Society.

2. Yes, there is a statement made that "so and so is no longer one of Jehovah's Witnesses, that they have been disfellowshipped".

3. No one is able to talk to an "apostate". They are shunned by former "friends" and family members. Someone who left the Kingdom Hall without being disruptive is usually termed as an "inactive publisher". If they get into trouble (for example, breaking the JW rules) they can still be disfellowshipped - even without being called to a "judicial hearing". The Elder's Handbook says, "If the sinful conduct is known only to believing family members and no congregation action is taken because of the factors outlined above, believing relatives will likely determine to curtail family association severely, viewing the relative as bad association. (1 Cor. 15:33) If the individual still professes to be a Witness and is willing to meet with the judicial committee, the matter should be handled in the normal way. However, when factors such as possible legal action exist, it is best to consult the Society before proceeding."

4. Total shunning. No speaking with them for any reason.... except in the case of family members, they are allowed to talk about family emergency issues but that's about it. The elder's hand book says, "When minors are disfellowshipped, parents are still responsible for raising, training, and teaching them, even studying with them if the minors are in their home."

Additional information on the subject with quotes from WT publications is available at this link http://www.jwfacts.com/index_files/disfellowship.htm

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Not sure how I missed this one....lol, tee hee

Congrats to you...odd isn't it they did not worry about the fact you've been df'd for

5 years...go figure! But apostate you horrid guy....lol

Say, I like the badge system too thats just too funny and a super idea!!!!

cheers,
    hope4others

• wings
    wings

Awsome news!!!! I'm looking forward to that label also.....won't be long now. I plan on writing letters. Trying to be patient.

I like the badge system too link.....we could have little emblems under our # of posts or something.....good thinking ape man. You do have your moments.

wingsI love it!

• Cheetos
    Cheetos

Well Ain't that special.

• runningonfaith
    runningonfaith

What an attitude!

(And,after observing him closely,they sent out men secretely hired to pretend that they were righteous,in order that they might catch him in speech,so as to turn him over to the government and to the authority of the governor. luke 20:20).

is not the wt against all religions anyway?

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Congratulations! (And commisserations, it's a bit creepy how powerful that word can be).

Ditto re the hypocrisy; my sister can deliberately miscarry a child, but as long as she hasn't rejected Jehovah, everything is okay with my mum.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit