Furuli. The prominent elder in Norway not too popular among top dogs

by Samuel Thorsen 50 Replies latest jw friends

• justhuman
    justhuman

He is got apostatic ideas....sooner or later he will follow the path....

• Samuel Thorsen
    Samuel Thorsen
    sooner or later he will follow the path

If they loose Furuli they will loose a lot of publishers. His authority is enormous.

• Carlos_Helms
    Carlos_Helms

Interestingly, Dr. Furuli's scholarship has led him to support and defend the watchtower end-time chronology beginning with the destruction of Jerusalem by Babylonians in 607BCE. Not sure that he views it as a make-or-break salvational issue as the watchtower does; but he apparently disagrees with Jonsson.

Carlos

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Thanks for the info. Since I've heard about Furuli (first on this board) the guy has been puzzling me, in a sympathetic sort of way. Apparently a nice, smart, hard-working mind, but unable to step back and realise that he's facing a dead end. His scholarly endeavour is bound to be frowned on by his religion and laughed at by his University colleagues, without the faintest hope of reconciling both worlds. One thing I tend to believe (for putting himself in such a place) is his sincerity (not a synonym of intellectual honesty).

• justhuman
    justhuman

Actually Olaf Jonson did reply to Forouli regarding the 607 B.C.E. I have read Olaf's reply and it was well documented.I don't understand why does Forouli supports a date that has no historical and even Biblical proof.

• oompa
    oompa
    Sam: GB is not spirit directed.(GB dont claim to be.................

Not sure why you say this. I know GB claims, as part of this Faithful Slave they are guided by Holy Spirt....Guides are even BETTER than just DIRECTIONS....which you may not get right.....and you could get lost. A good guide in rough conditions may have to pull you up by the hand..........Just what do think the claim is regarding HS and the GB?.................Thanks............oompa

I would like to meet this Faruli guy.

• sweet pea
    sweet pea
    If they loose Furuli they will loose a lot of publishers. His authority is enormous.

I would guess his influence is not so great in the high growth areas like Nigeria and Brazil.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Hopefully, the hounder-hounder will end up making the stupid mistake of kicking out this last hounder. Then there will be none, and no one will step up to replace him. Which will make that congregation leaderless, and hopefully every single member will start thinking independently of the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger and reach their own conclusions.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Doesn't Furuli already post here? As "scholar"? Or am I making someone up?

• Samuel Thorsen
    Samuel Thorsen

Oompa

Thanks!

I should have said: "GB is not inspired.(GB dont claim to be.................

They're allways quick to inform about this if they're cougth writing something wrong (old light) or doing something stupid. Anyway dedicating a compleat local needs part on a service meeting to the theme "GB is not inspired" is a bold act.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit