Furuli. The prominent elder in Norway not too popular among top dogs

by Samuel Thorsen 50 Replies latest jw friends

• 83501nwahs
    83501nwahs

This guy may be the best weapon against the society ever known. It's a brilliant way to undermine WT authority really, whether or not he knows it or is doing it on purpose. Produce a brand of JW religion that is very close to the original, but still a knock off. people will start going for the new brand nt thinking much of it, and not recognizing that the new brand is steering you very slightly awry of the WTBTS. Maybe just change one pr twp teachings, like the college stance, blood and extreme shunning.

• Rapunzel
    Rapunzel

Furuli is a scholar at the University of Oslo? Iin what field is he a scholar?

• Lex Talionis
    Lex Talionis

Is Furuli 'scholar'?

What an insult!

Scholar is a tradesman ( not that there's anything wrong with that) that falsely asserts he has done/is doing his masters.

He did a BA majoring in religious studies, anyone that understands the educations system in Australia knows thats tantamount to a library card.

I think I am more qualified as a scholar having read the bible stories book.

He is not used or recognized by the society on any level and is certainly not an elder.

He is merely a dog with a 607 bone. ( am not referring to him as a dog, merely rewording an old expression)

• Rapunzel
    Rapunzel

Never mind. Please disregard my previous question. I googled "Furuli - University of Oslo." From reading the list of his published works, it can be easily seen that he is quite a scholar, He's got a very impressive list of publications.

• jgnat
    jgnat
    InquiryMan: I think she actually refers to a rather big splinter group in Romania, and mixed up the countries....

You are quite right, thank you. It is awful of me to mix up one tiny Eastern European country with another. They deserve to be distinguished. http://the-true-jw.oltenia.ro/

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

OMG!!! Those true blueJWs in Romania are wackier than the other real JWs! They prohibit dance and makeup, and they think that the WTS YPA book encourages immorailty. They are stuck in 1962 and Knorr'sville! The must have some Freddy Franz reincarnation working for them cause they believe in tons of wacky prophetic paralells, many which apply to the fake WTS in Crooklyn.

They seem to have quite a following, though. Just another crazy JW cult, thats what the world needs.

• lrkr
    lrkr

Don't all new puritanical religions eventually become mainstream and encourage more conservative breakaway movements, who eventually also become mainstream. Its the evolutionary process of religions. And its starting to happen with JWs.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586
    Is Furuli 'scholar'?

What an insult!

Scholar is a tradesman ( not that there's anything wrong with that) that falsely asserts he has done/is doing his masters.

He did a BA majoring in religious studies, anyone that understands the educations system in Australia knows thats tantamount to a library card.

He is not used or recognized by the society on any level and is certainly not an elder.

He is merely a dog with a 607 bone. ( am not referring to him as a dog, merely rewording an old expression)

Alright!!! I'm sorry for ever thinking one was the other!!!!

I'll just go sacrifice about 1,000 sheep on the JWD altar! If I do that, am I forgiven????

• jgnat
    jgnat

All is good, SirNose. Hey, I mixed up Romania with Albania. I am sure a few more genuine scholars will clock in so that everyone is clear about the difference.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

ROFL @ Lex!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit