When did you last attend a meeting at the Kingdom Hall?

by Thechickennest 48 Replies latest jw friends

• Skimmer
    Skimmer

Sometime in 1973. Can anyone here beat that?

• Reefton Jack
    Reefton Jack

I am happy to be able to say that it is now that long ago, that I cannot remember!

Jack.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Sometime late fall or early winter of 2003. I was reading CoC and ISoCF in that time period and new it was not the 'truth' by that point. I mark my official 'exit' as January 1, 2004. It was around then.

Jeff

• CoonDawg
    CoonDawg

Feb. 1998.

After attending a Sunday meeting with my wife, I told her

"Honey, you know I love you more than anyrhing and that I'd do anything for you. But, my going to meetings just isn't going to work. I hear them start on about things I know to be wrong and I hear revised history and I get very angry. You detect than anger and it upsets you, and then you don't enjoy your time at the meeting. Why don't we just skip all that. If you want to attend, I'll never say a word about it and will support you however I can. But please don't ask me to go ever again. You know I really gave it a try, so let's just leave it at that. I'm sorry I can't do this thing for you."

She ended up being fine with this and knew I really had tried just going simply to be supportive to her. She's never asked again, ever.

I did go to a DC with her after that and I also traveled to the DC city a couple of times, but didn't attend.

• tan
    tan

Probably the Memorial 3 years ago....haven't gone back since. Rode passed it a couple of times enroute to my lovers' house. Ha ha!

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

about six years ago I went to a hall and sat through the talk and then wenrt to use the washroom. In there I left business cards re silentlambs on the toilet tops, the sink counters and taped to the mirror

And then I made a hasty exit.

Around that time I also went to a DC with a friend of mine. After sitting and listening to one part we got up and took a stroll around the arena. As we walked in opposite directions we left silentlamb cards on talbes, counters, the floors, anything with a flat surface. Then we got in line to pick up the new publication. When we met up she saw I already had a few she offered to return hers. She approached one of the JWs and told them her mother already picked them up. He took them back and offered them to the next people in line. What they got had a silentlambs business card inserted in the books. I thought that was brilliant. Then we went to the parking lot. We were going to put cards on cars but there were too many people who would stop us so we drove off through the parking lot and left a trail of cards behind us.

the last couple of KH I went to I just couldn't go in and listen to one more talk so my activity remained outside the halls

• JeffT
    JeffT

Spring of 1988. The last JW event of any sort that we went to was the DC in the Tacoma Dome that summer. By fall we were voting and celebrating holidays.

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

Memorial 2007

• newlight87
    newlight87

I attended this tuesday.

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

Can't remember !!

Wooo Hooo

Share this

Google+