When did you last attend a meeting at the Kingdom Hall?

by Thechickennest 48 Replies latest jw friends

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Memorial 2003.

• willyloman
    willyloman

Wow, I am the third guy to post on this short thread that my last meeting was in December 2003. And two more also left in '03. Pretty good year!

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

The last time I attended a meeting in the Kingdom hall was in mid December 1999 and was disfellowshiped on the 4th of January. It took them a while to find me. But they didn't I just ignored the letters theysent which was two letters. They even begged my sister to come to the JC meetings but I refused. I was n't going to allow any man on this earth go over my intimate affaris of my life, I believed that my only judge was God and I would take my feelings and discussed them with God. I never said anything. However Idid sent the PO stating that I have a lot of respect for you but I will not attend the committee hearing. It was my feelings that God will handle me with proper justice, not mans justice as per the GB arrangements. I disagreed with that. So then I was disfellowshipped in absentia.

I felt better doing it that way then being raked over hot coals. It was none of their business,

Orangefatcat.

• 1914BS
    1914BS

In the year 19 hundred 80 and five

• golf2
    golf2

Good question. For me, I don't know, its been years.

• Thechickennest
    Thechickennest

I had to really think about this...my own thread...geez. It was my wife's brothers funeral in Phillip SD. in 2000 or 01. A great young man in his prime with a new baby and lovely wife. Died trimming trees for the big bucks needed to support his pioneering. His bucket truck collapsed....the rest was sad. My wife and I were shocked at the shunning of their disfellowshipped father at the funeral.....even at this time the asshole JW's seen fit to mistreat the dead young mans father. Unforgiveable. That was the end for us.

• nelly136
    nelly136

1984ish tho i was dragged out of mothballs for my mothers wedding sometime 1996ish give or take a bit

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Only two times since 1991. And the last was in late December 1999. It was as strange as the Black Hole Sun video by soundgarden. I knew I could never go again, never be a JW again, after that visit.

• Jringe01
    Jringe01

Spring of 2002.

I had not been attending the hall in my old town for years. When I moved to the city I tried going a couple of times (March/April) but quickly stopped. I did know some people in this new hall though and the elders tried to be nice and welcome me (They knew I was inactive). Well after I stopped going a few weeks later the elders caught up with me when they were out in FS and the conversation was all about how we miss you, we'd like to see you come to the meetings, do you need assistance to get there etc then one piped up and said that they had announced to the cong that I had moved in.

Right away, without pause I said "I wish you hadn't done that" and then went on to say that I hadn't made up my mind what I was going to do. After that I never saw the elders again.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit