Lame talk jokes

by IP_SEC 28 Replies latest jw friends

• free2think
    free2think
    It was just a slip of the tongue

Just one slip?

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

lol! sometimes it might only take one slip of the tongue to give everyone the giggles

• free2think
    free2think

True, very true.

• Dorktacular
    Dorktacular

My dad was the king of lame talk jokes. I'll not shock and bore you with all of them, but one of the worst is the joke about what kind of car Jehovah drove. In the book of Genisis, it says that God drove Adam and Eve out of the garden of Eden in his fury. (I'll have to explain it for anyone born after 1960..... The Plymouth Fury was a car back in the late '50s through the early '70s).

I knew right then that God couldn't exist, because if I were God, I'd drive a Plum Crazy 1971 Plymouth Barracuda convertible with a Hemi and a 4 speed, not a dorky Fury. Oh yeah, my second clue that God couldn't exist was the fact that my dad got to tell that joke. If I were God, I'd have given him a coughing fit or at least erased that terrible joke from his brain and replaced it with a better one.

• BFD
    BFD

You guys are funny. I love road trips but LA is awful far from here.

I cannot believe OM doesn't have a story for this thread. For one, I have trouble picturing him in a KH and two, if I did, I can't imagine he could give a talk without slipping a lame one in somewhere.

BFD

• White Dove
    White Dove

Oh goody, a road trip! I'm into the arts

• Namaste
    Namaste

I used sit during the wedding "talks" (note: NOT a ceremony) and wait, wait, wait...for the classic illustration of the squeezing the tube of toothpaste in the middle versus the end and how that could create tension in the marriage (wait for big laugh from congregation).

Not sure what held me back from standing up and screaming "NOT AGAIN! NOT THIS FREAKING LAME ASS JOKE AGAIN!"

• tnangel73
    tnangel73
    My dad was the king of lame talk jokes. I'll not shock and bore you with all of them, but one of the worst is the joke about what kind of car Jehovah drove. In the book of Genisis, it says that God drove Adam and Eve out of the garden of Eden in his fury. (I'll have to explain it for anyone born after 1960..... The Plymouth Fury was a car back in the late '50s through the early '70s).

A stupid pioneer joke we used to have was "what kind of car are we supposed to drive in service? somewhere in acts or corithians it says "and they all went in one accord."

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

I can't believe no one's mentioned the difference between Pharisees and Sadducees. The Sadducees didn't believe in a resurrection, and this made them "sad, you see." SAD, YOU SEE? Get it? HAHAHAHAHA! Oh boy that never gets old. Ugg.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit